trail clearing technique and tools

/ trail clearing technique and tools #1,081  
I was using that style of pole saw but a different brand. I hated paying for the Echo PF225, but it just cuts better than what I was using. Part of it is because the oil mechanism does a better job of lubricating the chain so it stays sharper longer and cuts better. The other thing I like is the Echo uses regular chain, not the smaller proprietary chain.

/ trail clearing technique and tools #1,082  
I use the small Stihl battery pole saw and like it much better than the heft of the gasser but the gasser also extends.

/ trail clearing technique and tools
#1,084  
Over the weekend we hiked in to some bridges on the North Country Trail we've not been to since they were new. These are built from Corten steel and installed around 2003. They were around 80 to 100ft long, built in two sections and had no concrete used that we could see. There are two of them so don't let the photos fool you. The fellow is a through hiker we chatted with while there.
nctbridge60046.jpg
NCTbridge0042.jpg
nctbridge0044.jpg
nctbridge0037.jpg
nctbridge069.jpg
ncthiker060067.jpg

#1,085  
I was out on my trails today cutting the droopy branches (heavy snow last winter). I giotta say I don't love pole saws as much as Arly. That much over the shouder stuff is fatiguing.
I've carried these units all day on a few occasions. (not all that much fun :oops: ) I do carry these on my shoulder but will switch to hands now and then. Must give shoulder a break!

Last edited:
#1,086  
I use the small Stihl battery pole saw and like it much better than the heft of the gasser but the gasser also extends.
The telescoping type pole-saws are awful. Waaaay to heavy to use for more than a few minutes.

#1,087  
Was again stung by a wasp yesterday which might have been the 5th time this year. It still hurts 12 hours later. These stings might be catching up on me.

/ trail clearing technique and tools #1,088  
They get so aggressive when it cools down a bit.

My trails can wait for <50 degrees to maintain.
But I miss working on them and using them. Other projects have taken priority, but later in the fall I intend to clean the fallen Ash trees out and rope the branches on the ones that havn't fallen yet and make the trails dangerous.
You'd think with all the storms we've had that they would have all fallen by now, most have been dead for 2 years or so.

#1,089  
They get so aggressive when it cools down a bit.

My trails can wait for <50 degrees to maintain.
But I miss working on them and using them. Other projects have taken priority, but later in the fall I intend to clean the fallen Ash trees out and rope the branches on the ones that havn't fallen yet and make the trails dangerous.
You'd think with all the storms we've had that they would have all fallen by now, most have been dead for 2 years or so.
You must mean "less aggressive when it cools" ?

/ trail clearing technique and tools #1,090  
I’m getting more allergic to wasp stings as I get older. No restricted breathing yet but last time I got stung on the side of my head I was breaking out in hives. Benadryl helps me with the stings but makes me tired too,

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Car Trailer (A32932)
Car Trailer (A32932)
VOLVO A40G ARTICULATED HAUL TRUCK SN:GC00340909 6x6, powered by diesel engine, equipped with Cab, (A34907)
VOLVO A40G...
2022 John Deere PR72B Power Rake (A33028)
2022 John Deere...
New 48" Kivel 3500Lb Pallet Fork For John Deere (A34302)
New 48" Kivel...
LANDPRIDE AT3590 3PT MOWER, S/N L119335, 540 PTO (A34808)
LANDPRIDE AT3590...
4916 569 JOHN DEERE ROUND BALER W/1000 PTO & MON 15050 BALES W/NET WRAP 2015 MODEL S/N:1E00569XJF... (A34733)
4916 569 JOHN...