Trail Camera Dilema

/ Trail Camera Dilema #1  

Rat Rod Mac

Silver Member
I have a couple of Stealth G42NG cameras that I like very much. Problem is when I use the older 1GB USB chips the camera functions fine on both still shots and movie mode, but when I use the newer 16GB chip it will only function on still pictures, not movie mode. The 1 GB chips are very hard to get now a days. I sent Stealth an e-mail, but they never responded. They may make a good camera, but their customer service sucks. If any of you have any suggestions it would be much appreciated. Thanks. RRM

/ Trail Camera Dilema #2  
Have you tried doing a clean format of the sdcards?
If possible (ie if you have another one already) try a different brand card; it *shouldn't* matter but there are devices out there that are picky.

/ Trail Camera Dilema #3  
I had a couple stealth cameras that would use up to a 8GB card, no more. Check the documentation and it will say. Some early ones were 4GB.

/ Trail Camera Dilema #4  
I had a couple stealth cameras that would use up to a 8GB card, no more. Check the documentation and it will say. Some early ones were 4GB.
Most have an sd size and speed limit, older will be smaller.

/ Trail Camera Dilema #6  
My guess is the camera can't handle the speed of the new SD cards. I have had that problem with older camera devices and trying new larger storage cards. You might want to check the speed of the card that worked and see if you can buy a similar speed larger storage card on eBay.

/ Trail Camera Dilema #7  
My camera works fine on 32 GB Sandisk cards. All I use it for is 30 sec. videos. I tried buying another one about a year ago and went through 3 of them trying to find one that would work but no luck.They would either miss many ,if not most, of what the older camera caught or would not play back without a lot of fluttering and blank spaces. I finally just gave up and got a refund. I did learn that there are 3 versions of that camera and mine is version 1.Two of the replacements were 2 and one was version 3.
During this same time frame my neighbor bought a Bushnell and a Moultrie and neither worked for videos but were ok for stills.

/ Trail Camera Dilema #8  
Same max card size on our camera also. But, I found a pile of 1GB Sandisk cards on eBay, dirt cheap. I bough a handful so they'll be around longer than my camera... if I don't lose them all by then.

/ Trail Camera Dilema #9  
I just bought the Stealtch Cam G42NG and have only had it out for one week. My first Stealtcam used a flash and it was the best one I ever had. Then they replace that with IR and it's been downhill ever since. I've tried Browning, Wildgame, and something else that I can't think of right now. They all failed quickly, or never worked very well. So I'm back with Stealthcam and disappointed again. Great day pics, lousy night pics. At 30 feet, you can tell that they have antlers, but it's nowhere near as clear as the older cameras where.

I learned that Stealthcam likes to use their own brand of cards. I have two of them, and wont bother with any other brands. It's just too common to have issues with any other brand.

STC_0006.JPG

STC_0131.JPG

STC_0142.JPG