Snow Tractor won’t start tonight.

/ Tractor won’t start tonight. #41  
i had similar erractic starting issues for months and found that a $6 ground cable fixed it .... I found that as the ground cable *looks* good, it is not...the engine will not start as it cant pull enough amps [due to rotting ground wire]
I've heard that the grounding cables aren't "top of the line", but based on your model, I'm a little surprised you've had an issue already. Our model didn't come out until what? 2016? 2015 maybe? How long ago did you have to replace it?

/ Tractor won’t start tonight.
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and is having a safe New Years Eve.

The temps have kinda relaxed up here for now. So I think the starting issue was a frozen safety switch somewhere and a weak (stock) battery.
I have a new battery in her and she got a new hydraulic cooler. I’ll warm her up today with a little propane heat from my fishing heater. After that I’ll start her up and let her run for awhile. Not too sure how long it will take the hydraulics to build pressure because I was not able to add fluid to the cooler prior to installation. The tech at the dealership said it was ok it will just take some time to build up. I’m not worried, I have all day.
Amazon has a few block heaters but does anyone have recommendations or endorsements on one over the other…?

/ Tractor won’t start tonight. #43  
2016 2555HST Cab.

I plowed snow for about 2 hours this morning with no issues. When I was finished, I locked the brakes and after I turned her off, I topped the fuel up (from 3/4 to all the way full).

I came back to her about 5 hours later and now she won’t even turn over!

I have 12.9 volts at the battery, and about the same at the starter. I put a JumpPack on the battery and still won’t turn over.

All the lights, radio, and heater blower work just fine.

I pulled every fuse I could find and they were all good.

It has been about 16 degrees here but she started this morning.

Any suggestions or troubleshooting is appreciated!!!
Put a small jump wire to the solenoid after making sure she is out of gear etc, that will tell you if it is a safety or not, if it starts you can finish what you need to do and check it all out when you have time.

/ Tractor won’t start tonight. #44  
You didn't say if you checked to see if you cycled from Low to High or cycled HST (forward / reverse). Also I'd check to make sure you key switch works.

/ Tractor won’t start tonight. #45  
Put the gear in FREE. Check it 5 times*)

Put on the ingnition and use a screwdriver or a piece of wire or someting to shortcut the big 12Volt and the small wire at the starter.
If it turns over, the ignition switch is bad.

*) be sure it is in free, because if the tractor starts it starts driving if not in free. Of course you can try to find somebody to sit in the tractor and put his/her foot on the clutch as you normally do when starting.

/ Tractor won’t start tonight. #46  
2016 2555HST Cab.

I plowed snow for about 2 hours this morning with no issues. When I was finished, I locked the brakes and after I turned her off, I topped the fuel up (from 3/4 to all the way full).

I have 12.9 volts at the battery, and about the same at the starter. I put a JumpPack on the battery and still won’t turn over.

Check for connect/ disconnect switch ativated by pressing the clutch. Tall snow or object may have disconnected the wire. I had that happen on my Kubota and had to replace a damaged switch but connected the wires and then got the tractor to start as an emergency fix.

/ Tractor won’t start tonight. #47  
... Not too sure how long it will take the hydraulics to build pressure because I was not able to add fluid to the cooler prior to installation. The tech at the dealership said it was ok it will just take some time to build up. I’m not worried, I have all day.
Amazon has a few block heaters but does anyone have recommendations or endorsements on one over the other…?
Glad to hear things are getting worked out!
The cooler filling will be a non-issue. As far as block heaters, my preference is the freeze type plug type. Kats and ZeroStart are well known manufacturers, and provide many OEM heaters. I ordered mine from the tractor manufacturer, because it was only a few dollars more than aftermarket. Most of them will be around 400 watts, but you will need to know the freeze plug diameter and depth that the element can go into the block. There may be a specific freeze plug location that the tractor mfg. recommends for installation.

/ Tractor won’t start tonight. #48  
2016 2555HST Cab.

/ Tractor won’t start tonight. #49  
Check for connect/ disconnect switch ativated by pressing the clutch. Tall snow or object may have disconnected the wire. I had that happen on my Kubota and had to replace a damaged switch but connected the wires and then got the tractor to start as an emergency fix.
Check the various safeties. I had a similar issue with a seat safety when I got off too quickly and the seat safety failed to reset.

/ Tractor won’t start tonight. #50  
2016 2555HST Cab.

2016 2555HST Cab.

you keep repeating "she and her"..you need a man's snow plow in really bad weather..a 'HE AND HIM" snow blower will start and run no matter what the weather is.....

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2019 Club Car Carryall 1700 4WD Diesel UTV (A33548)
2019 Club Car...
2024 Kivel 84in Bucket Skid Steer Attachment (A32932)
2024 Kivel 84in...
Minuteman Kleen Sweep 35 Mdl. HM350000QP 12-Volt DC w/Charger, 36 Hrs, (A33349)
Minuteman Kleen...
Armstrong AG CH12 Chain Harrow (A33041)
Armstrong AG CH12...
John Deere 2030 (A33526)
John Deere 2030...
3 1/2' x 10' Wagon Bed Box for 2-Horse (A33349)
3 1/2' x 10' Wagon...