Tractor Newbie

/ Tractor Newbie #11  
Not to side track this post but a quick question to Patches. I see that you are using a Blizzard 74" snowblower and I believe your tractor engine is 30hp with 25 pto. I have a CK30hst, 30/24hp, and was looking at a Blizzard 63" but that would just cover the rear R4 tire width. How does your tractor handle the 74?

No issues at all; usually use the 1,000 PTO option, running the engine at about 1450 gives me 540 at the output shaft. I have used the 540 option at 2600 to take care of the road plow windrows when they're unusually large, or especially wet. I run in low range, usually 3rd or 4th gear, but have gone to 2nd in those road plow windrows. Hope this is what you were looking for.
As an aside, the engine HP is in question as the engine data plate lists the HP as 20.9KW, which converts to 28 SAE HP. Had several conversations/ e-mails reference this and it has never been resolved to my satisfaction. Kioti's answer is the old stand-by, "we reserve the right to change specifications without notice"??

/ Tractor Newbie
Pretty much determined I will be buying the CT335 from bobcat. But what is your opinions on the newer L series from kabota? I know i priced a an L3240 with a FEL and it was $22K, which is about $6K more than the bobcat unit.

/ Tractor Newbie #13  
Bobcat, you will like the operating platform alone much better, heck just the loader joystick did it for me... ;)

/ Tractor Newbie #14  
No issues at all; usually use the 1,000 PTO option, running the engine at about 1450 gives me 540 at the output shaft. I have used the 540 option at 2600 to take care of the road plow windrows when they're unusually large, or especially wet. I run in low range, usually 3rd or 4th gear, but have gone to 2nd in those road plow windrows. Hope this is what you were looking for.
As an aside, the engine HP is in question as the engine data plate lists the HP as 20.9KW, which converts to 28 SAE HP. Had several conversations/ e-mails reference this and it has never been resolved to my satisfaction. Kioti's answer is the old stand-by, "we reserve the right to change specifications without notice"??

I know are tractors are a little different but that is just what I was looking for. I've also heard some using the 1000 pto rpm option but wasn't sure how well it worked with lower engine rpm which should mean less hp. Thank you

/ Tractor Newbie #16  
Pretty much determined I will be buying the CT335 from bobcat. But what is your opinions on the newer L series from kabota? I know i priced a an L3240 with a FEL and it was $22K, which is about $6K more than the bobcat unit.

The L series is very nice, but the base la514 loader is a little weaker than the Bobcat, I personally prefer the two pedal hydrostat control over the treadle arrangement, and as you have already found out the price is about 6000 higher.

/ Tractor Newbie #17  
I don't know why not. Korea in the winter is a cold mother!

I don't know either :confused: I believe the indirect injection and pre-combustion chamber to be the problem, although, other manufacturers use similar designs on some of their equipment, but start more readily.:(

/ Tractor Newbie
Not really knowing too much about the different brands out there, make me cautious. My wife is wondering why the bobcat tractors are such a bargain compared to many of the other brands out there now. At the moment bobcat is still offering a free front end loader, which is worth around $5500 or so. Plus I have decided the HST tranny suits me fine so that is another $2k off the sticker.

From what I have read here, it doesn't seem as if many people are experiencing any real chronic issues with the bobcat tractors. Might be buying the tractor this weekend.

/ Tractor Newbie #19  
If you're opting for the HST, you can (add) $1500/$2000 to the price of a gear tractor

/ Tractor Newbie #20  
Not really knowing too much about the different brands out there, make me cautious. My wife is wondering why the bobcat tractors are such a bargain compared to many of the other brands out there now. At the moment bobcat is still offering a free front end loader, which is worth around $5500 or so. Plus I have decided the HST tranny suits me fine so that is another $2k off the sticker.

From what I have read here, it doesn't seem as if many people are experiencing any real chronic issues with the bobcat tractors. Might be buying the tractor this weekend.

I know where you are coming from. I purchased a CT335 SST this fall, and I have to say its a pretty good unit. I think it gets better each time I run it...:thumbsup: