Tractor (BX23 for example) on trailer - how to chock?

/ Tractor (BX23 for example) on trailer - how to chock? #1  

tshep

Gold Member
Tractor
BX23 MLB
The biggest tires x2, diagonals 2x, all four corners 1x?

/ Tractor (BX23 for example) on trailer - how to chock? #2  
You don't need to chock the tires at all, as it's not going to secure anything. Chain or strap 4 corners, plus loader and any 3 point attachment. I use 3300lb ratchet straps with axle straps around the front and rear axles.
I think I'm going to upgrade to chain and binders for my current tractor that is pushing 8000lbs with implements.

/ Tractor (BX23 for example) on trailer - how to chock? #3  
How to secure your tractor on a trailer is a function of the size of the tractor. Be sure your trailer and tow vehicle have adequate capacity to start with. Chocks are not sufficient for holding your tractor in place and I don't use them. I'll but the loader on the trailer deck and use chains and binders to secure the tractor. My trailer isn't long enough for three point attachments so they're not an issue.

/ Tractor (BX23 for example) on trailer - how to chock? #4  
I chain each corner and use a ratchet strap across the bucket And anything hanging out the back. You could use ratchet straps all around as long as they are strong enough, at least more than a quarter of the tractor weight of the tractor.

/ Tractor (BX23 for example) on trailer - how to chock? #5  
Whatever it takes to get at least the required minimums in each direction. I thought here was one of these diagrams for wheeled loads that had 1g forward but I can’t find it.

Things not fixed to the frame like the FEL, a brush hog, etc must be strapped down as well.
1699709289561.jpeg

/ Tractor (BX23 for example) on trailer - how to chock?
Come on guys... the questions was How to chock - The biggest tires x2, diagonals 2x, all four corners 1x?
I just wanna' know about how to chock, the best way.

/ Tractor (BX23 for example) on trailer - how to chock? #7  
Come on guys... the questions was How to chock - The biggest tires x2, diagonals 2x, all four corners 1x?
Chock tires? That does nothing on a trailer that's bouncing around on the road.

/ Tractor (BX23 for example) on trailer - how to chock? #9  
Are you inquiring about tire tie down straps or just chocks to prevent rolling back and forth?

/ Tractor (BX23 for example) on trailer - how to chock? #10  
I don't have any experience in towing, but it seems to me that chocking the tires would be a dangerous thing to do. What keeps the chocks from flying off, if the tractor moves a bit?

Dave