Equalizer sitting crooked

/ Equalizer sitting crooked #1  

samsquanch

Tractor
diy
Hello all, I’m not sure if this is the place for this but I feel like this is the crowd. I have a home built trailer that was always a single axle, I added a second axle in January so I could pick up my tractor, didnt even have time to paint the new hardware, I didn’t think anything of this at the time but now it’s giving me red flags. The equalizer is sitting way high on the rear, everything was spaced out mounted as per the instructions that came with the equalizer kit. There’s a mark on the rear spring eye where it’s touched the frame. It’s sitting level, the front tires are newer but same size,(I had 4 different tires in it before and it was doing the same thing) What’s going on? I can move the shackles, just not sure how to think about it to move either either way.

Pics are to big to upload apparently, but it’ll the equalizer is sitting at about a 45° angle with the high side to the rear…

TIA

/ Equalizer sitting crooked #2  
Does it do it loaded and unloaded?

/ Equalizer sitting crooked #3  
We really need some pictures. I assume they are 1.75" wide, double eye springs?

Can you change equalizer profile or shackle links for different lengths.

examples

1714774578134.png
1714774609185.png
1714774666445.png
1714774702685.png

/ Equalizer sitting crooked
Here is pic, unloaded and level

Attachments

• IMG_4089.png
    IMG_4089.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 62
   / Equalizer sitting crooked #7  
So the trailer bed is level, as are both trailer axles?

Is the equalizer freely moving? So if you jack up the new axle, does the equalizer flip the other direction?

/ Equalizer sitting crooked #8  
Make sure the springs are all the same length, eye to eye, and the spring hangers in the same location, side to side and front to back. Check leaf count on all springs.

/ Equalizer sitting crooked
Make sure the springs are all the same length, eye to eye, and the spring hangers in the same location, side to side and front to back. Check leaf count on all springs.
Hangers are placed even front/back and side to side, The front springs are original, looks like they’re 1/2 longer eye to eye, guess that’s likely my issue

/ Equalizer sitting crooked #10  
Lower your tongue height.