Toolcat Snow Blowing Tires

/ Toolcat Snow Blowing Tires #21  
I got the rims but I am having trouble getting studded tires - how much do you think the studded add versus M&S winter tires?
I am plowing-snowblowing and moving 4' round bales with studded tires on steep driveways and rough pasture for feeding bales. For 6 years I used chains on front tires, often had rear end slide sideways on hill or lacked rear traction when front end was in ditch. So far studded tires have eliminated those issues but I never tried Hankook snow tires without studs?
Best part's are ride is so much better in rough conditions and added confidence crossing spots I had trouble with in the past. Also not having to worry about tire chain coming apart.
I did use bucket to clear a concrete feeding area the other day of packed hay and noticed the narrow snow tires do not give me the same traction as the skid steer tires in those conditions.

/ Toolcat Snow Blowing Tires #22  
I have been reading a lot about using LT tires on the toolcat for snow removel but how are they working during the summer with heavy attachments on or a load in the bucket. Are the LT tires buckeling under the load.

/ Toolcat Snow Blowing Tires #23  
Old post, but I am wondering the same thing

/ Toolcat Snow Blowing Tires #24  
   / Toolcat Snow Blowing Tires #25  
If you don't have to drive the TC any distance on paved roads in the winter then chains will be your easiest and cheapest option, as well as giving you the best traction, especially if your on sloped terrain. If you go this route, get chains that have many cross chains since many of them will lay below the ribs of the R4 tires if you're using them.

DEWFPO

/ Toolcat Snow Blowing Tires #26  
I ended up buying new R4 tires. I have never used chains, will they tear up my driveway? 600ft long and (old) pavement and some gravel

/ Toolcat Snow Blowing Tires #27  
I ended up buying new R4 tires. I have never used chains, will they tear up my driveway? 600ft long and (old) pavement and some gravel

They won't unless your driveway is just a crumbly mess that used to be called asphalt. The chains take more abuse than even a bad asphalt driveway.

DEWFPO

/ Toolcat Snow Blowing Tires #29  
Old but always applicable thread... In the past I've always used chained-up LT tires (8 ply) during snow season. We get LOTS of cake ice and I would certainly be down the gully without chains. I no longer do snow removal commercially and this year I decided to use my "normal" 8-month tires which are something like 265/75x16 off of my old Tundra. These are worn but aggressive tires. So this is only 12/6 and we've had but one substantial snow (about 7"). Nevertheless, for around the homestead, I've found these tires to be quite decent. Sorta surprised me. Our driveway is also asphault (coated) and my old chained tires did leave scratches...but nothing that I was particularly concerned about. I'm going to hang-out with the chainless approach as long as possible. Makes for a much easier riding TC as well.

/ Toolcat Snow Blowing Tires #30  
Hey Spudgunner do those 265's rub at all? I was thinking more like 245's I have a 2016 5610 and need the all wheel steering. your thoughts
thanks