TMG chipper

/ TMG chipper #31  
If "Chuck and Duck" refers only to big commercial chippers why is it often used in this forum, including early in this thread, to mis-describe the little machines we use?

Because it is an internet forum? The true Chuck & Duck is a drum type chipper, not a disk type. The knives are on the drum and it is also the infeed roller, spining at real high rpm. If you see one in operation you will know.

/ TMG chipper #32  
If "Chuck and Duck" refers only to big commercial chippers why is it often used in this forum, including early in this thread, to mis-describe the little machines we use?
Good question...in fact, I referred to "chuck and duck" in an early post.... I should have clearer what I was referring to.
For one thing, the "chuck and duck" use a high-speed drum chipper. The manual chippers we use don't. Feed (either manual or hydraulic) isn't really too fast (unlike a commercial chipper) and it's much less dangerous. Of course, like any PTO driven implement, we need to use caution when working with them

/ TMG chipper #35  
That machine doesn't even have a safety bar...and those guys don't have much safety gear on

Correct, there is nothing you can stop or reverse on that animal. It grabs quicker than most people can react/think....

/ TMG chipper #36  

/ TMG chipper #37  
I was thinking you might have yourself a woodmaxx. On the Woodmaxx site it says the wm-8h is made “overseas”. I presume china, and others on here have noted that woodmaxx are made in china. The closer I looked, the more similar the seemed. Doesn’t really matter either way, as long as it’s been good to you.
Looks very close, a few improvements in the last 10 years.
Couple things I don't like as well.

My point is a bigger machine for about the same money.
I have used those smaller machines & literally gave mine away because I thought it was useless.

/ TMG chipper
Looks very close, a few improvements in the last 10 years.
Couple things I don't like as well.

My point is a bigger machine for about the same money.
I have used those smaller machines & literally gave mine away because I thought it was useless.
That’s kinda what I was wondering… the actual utility of the smaller self feeds. Thanks.

/ TMG chipper #39  
That’s kinda what I was wondering… the actual utility of the smaller self feeds. Thanks.
For the occasional chipping requirements for a homeowner, the PTO powered chippers are great. I use mine 3-4 times a season. This is mostly for trimming low hanging branches and fallen branches.
However, each homeowner needs to determine what is necessary for their purposes

The little towable self-feed chippers (up to 3" capacity) have their place on a smaller (1-2 acres) estate as well...

/ TMG chipper #40  
After doing a bit of research, I purchased the Woodland Mills WC88 8" PTO Wood Chipper at the beginning of this season for my Kubota L4701. We absolutely love it – by far the best tractor attachment I've purchased to date! It's fast and efficient, rarely fails to pull in brush and logs we feed it, and gets the job done. Because my tractor is on the lower end for recommended PTO horse power (47hp), I don't attempt to feed it 8" logs because I'm sure it may bog down. However, I've had no issues with 6" material or less. The reviews of other users speak for themselves on this product – over 260 reviews, and they're all 5 stars. I couldn't agree more!