Post hole digger

/ Post hole digger #1  

Swblack1216

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti ck25, Ford 4500
IMG_1586.jpegIMG_1597.jpegIMG_1598.jpegI would like to give a shout out to TMG the manufacturers of my new post hole digger. I installed it on my CK 25. It is over built for my tractor. I know that. but it is so robust that it will work well if I get a larger tractor and it will do fine on mine for now. I was just very impressed with the way it’s put together all the parts are really well made. the engineering is tremendous they include the Lynch pins for every pin . The driveshaft which is included is long enough for other uses, like my pto generator.I did not attach the hydraulic assist cylinder because I don’t think it would be wise to push down with my smaller tractor and the weight is 500 pounds. It should be enough I’m surprised I’ve never seen this Brand anywhere else. I am sure the price has something to do with it but you do get what you pay for this thing will last forever. I got mine from Ritchie Bros auction, so the price was no more than the standard at tractor supply. Definitely much better .anyway. just wanted people to know. Can’t wait till I start running my fence line.

/ Post hole digger #2  
That is an impressive looking PHD. Never seen one like it. Problem is, it is still behind you and on the 3PT, so no down pressure. I'll take a hydraulic one on the FEL.

/ Post hole digger
That is an impressive looking PHD. Never seen one like it. Problem is, it is still behind you and on the 3PT, so no down pressure. I'll take a hydraulic one on the FEL.
It ways 500 lbs and it comes with optional hydraulics I just didn’t install because my tractor is a little undersized.

/ Post hole digger #4  
I've been using a 3 point post hole driller for almost 20 years now and I've learned that the most important thing about them is the cutting teeth. If you have good teeth that are replaceable, and easy to find, then you will have a good experience with it.

I'm on my third auger, it's a Country Line brand that I bought at Tractor Supply. The first two brands didn't have good teeth and it was a battle to drill through hard packed red clay. This one goes through it easily. Almost too easily

I used to use my 37 hp tractor to do all my auger work. It's strong enough to run a 12 inch auger, but sometimes it will bury itself and it's not strong enough to pull the auger out when it catches in the dirt. I have a 9 inch auger too that even worse. That smaller auger is just about impossible to pull out once it gets into the ground!!!

I screwed some blocks together to stop the auger from going too deep that made a huge difference. Once the auger starts pulling down and I can't lift it out, I put blocks under it and they will stop it from going down any farther. Then I can spin the auger in place and it breaks free from the dirt and it's easy to pull up.

313407266_10229066198902327_5518316820727985607_n.jpg

Last year I got a 65 hp tractor that I put the auger on. It has enough power to pull the auger out, so I don't need the blocks of wood anymore.

/ Post hole digger #5  
That's a pretty handy tip, and it is going into the memory banks. Thanks Eddie.

/ Post hole digger #6  
View attachment 842969View attachment 842970View attachment 842973I would like to give a shout out to TMG the manufacturers of my new post hole digger. I installed it on my CK 25. It is over built for my tractor. I know that. but it is so robust that it will work well if I get a larger tractor and it will do fine on mine for now. I was just very impressed with the way it’s put together all the parts are really well made. the engineering is tremendous they include the Lynch pins for every pin . The driveshaft which is included is long enough for other uses, like my pto generator.I did not attach the hydraulic assist cylinder because I don’t think it would be wise to push down with my smaller tractor and the weight is 500 pounds. It should be enough I’m surprised I’ve never seen this Brand anywhere else. I am sure the price has something to do with it but you do get what you pay for this thing will last forever. I got mine from Ritchie Bros auction, so the price was no more than the standard at tractor supply. Definitely much better .anyway. just wanted people to know. Can’t wait till I start running my fence line.
I like the storage for the 3PT PHD you have. It folds up and is neatly out of the way.

I have the typical setup and store outdoors on the goal post rack system.

1704942658937.png

/ Post hole digger #8  
This is the way...