Titan skeleton rock bucket mod

/ Titan skeleton rock bucket mod #31  
I wish I knew the answers. There is a real interesting relationship between the distance of the wheels from the tines and how it effects or limits the angle of the tines in the ground.
I was trying not to dig with the tines so I wanted the bar low and the tines as non aggressive as possible. This required a wheel that extended down below the tines when the tine bar (where the tines mount) was flat or neutral.
I had to remodel my welding area. And I'm just about ready to get back into the rake gauge wheel project. I have some 12" caster wheels but they don't look as durable as yours. I think I will have about 4 inches clear between the wheels and the tines.

Oh...good thinking. I hadn't gotten that far into it myself - but now that you mention it is obvious that the angle of the rake to the ground is going to make quite a difference.

I'd best start by assuming that the main body of the rake is horizontal.

Woods has a wonderful simple and quick way to adjust the wheel height. It is just a set of six or seven half inch spacers that slide under the vertical pivot of the wheel.

You can see it on on Messick's Parts documents.

/ Titan skeleton rock bucket mod #32  
If you were trying to improve how much material you are scooping each time here... You were on the right track .

Screenshot_20221111-191426-786.png

Instead of welding the cutting edge between the teeth, weld across the top of all the teeth. Like shown in the blue highlight . A common straight plow edge like goes on a box blade would work fine
Common mod done to excavator buckets with teeth

images.jpeg
G2118.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Titan skeleton rock bucket mod
If you were trying to improve how much material you are scooping each time here... You were on the right track .

View attachment 770048

Instead of welding the cutting edge between the teeth, weld across the top of all the teeth. Like shown in the blue highlight . A common straight plow edge like goes on a box blade would work fine
Common mod done to excavator buckets with teeth

View attachment 770056View attachment 770058
By golly I think yo Sir are right. Maybe should have used this approach