Tire issues 3525 & 4025

/ Tire issues 3525 & 4025 #1  

Sam V

Tractor
Mahindra 3525
I have just added a FEL to my 3525 and my brother has just purchased a new 4025 w/FEL. The problem is, we are running tires off the rims. Both tractors have had the same problem in the past week. Three tires run off the rims while brush hogging. We increased tire pressure to 30 psi and are now dropping the buckets prior to starting the job. Has anyone else had this problem? Could the tires be changed out for a little wider tire and rim? Any suggestions or known history of this problem? :confused2:

/ Tire issues 3525 & 4025
75 pounds of foam in each front tire has solved the problem.

/ Tire issues 3525 & 4025 #3  
What was the price to foam fill the tires on the 4110?

/ Tire issues 3525 & 4025 #4  
I have just added a FEL to my 3525 and my brother has just purchased a new 4025 w/FEL. The problem is, we are running tires off the rims. Both tractors have had the same problem in the past week. Three tires run off the rims while brush hogging. We increased tire pressure to 30 psi and are now dropping the buckets prior to starting the job. Has anyone else had this problem? Could the tires be changed out for a little wider tire and rim? Any suggestions or known history of this problem? :confused2:

Not sure what you mean by "dropping the buckets prior to starting the job." In any case, the PSI for those tires is for the tractor alone, without a loader. Add the weight of a loader, and yes, they'll run off the rims. Your dealer should have told you that.

My 4025 w/FEL came with 50 lbs. in the front tires, and they're fine, you don't have to mess with foam.

/ Tire issues 3525 & 4025 #5  

Run the max pressure on the fronts, whatever it says on the sidewall.

/ Tire issues 3525 & 4025 #6  
Another question too - are your tires R1 or R4 and how many plys are they ? R4s have much stiffer sidewalls, mine are 12 ply and you can't even tell when the tire is flat until you get a bucket full of something. I run mine at 38 - 40 psi and I use the heck out of my loader and have never run a tire off except the one time I had a flat and didn't know it.

/ Tire issues 3525 & 4025 #7  
He has a 2wd tractor with the old standard ag style front tires. By "dropping the bucket" I presume he has a QA bucket and kicks it off so it's not hanging out in front in the way. I would do the same thing.

/ Tire issues 3525 & 4025
Yes, thats what I meant by dropping the bucket. And yes, I do have two wheel drive with 6.00-16 Ag tires. We do a lot of brush hogging and the thones have driven us to the foaming. For several week after my first post I went to 35 psi in the front and had pretty good luck, only one flat. Prior to that we had 8 in one week ( two tractors)and not one had a leak in the tire running the recommended 20 psi in the field. And yes, I should have figured out the loader weight way before I did. Thanks for all the comebacks. I do really like the foamed tires. Aside from a little rougher ride I don't worry about the front tires at all.