Tire chains, front, rear or all the way around?

/ Tire chains, front, rear or all the way around? #11  
I Need a new set of chains. Any reccomendations of what type? Ring,ladder or the more aggressive types? Have a set of homemade chains now but no matter what I do about 90% of the cross chains fall in between the bars. Looking at chains on tirechains.com .Thanks

/ Tire chains, front, rear or all the way around? #12  
The type of chain will depend upon your intended use, but I think the best all around is the double link, for the cost. Good traction on ice, and real good in mud and snow. In my experience, they do not cause damage to asphalt driveways. The only thing better in mud or snow is Canadian (ring) chains, but they are EXTREMELY dangereous on ice. The double ring chain do not fall into the lugs. If you have long bar-short bar tire tread, a lot of chain in a H pattern (duo grip) will fall between the bars (not a problem on the long bar- long bar tire tread). The diamond pattern ice chains are really good on ice and frozen ground, but I won't go to the extra expense unless I was using the tractor in the woods a lot.

Bob

/ Tire chains, front, rear or all the way around? #13  
Hi Bob, the only time I'll proberly have chains on in the woodlot is during sugaring. I think that I'll go with a pair of double rings soon. Just broke another cross chain tonight. Oh well the price was right on these. Free!!!!!
Take care,