Tips On Loading Deckover Tilt Trailer

/ Tips On Loading Deckover Tilt Trailer #1  

The Fred

Veteran Member
Tractor
Boost it and Lose!
Thanks for looking all.

I bought a new deckover tilt trailer to replace a 7 ton tilt I had. The old one, an Econoline 7 ton deckover tilt had a cushioning cylinder that would allow the deck to tilt when driving on. The new one, a Sure-Trac Sure Trac | deckover tilt has 2 powered cylinders. It's hard to tell where the balance point will be when I load this. Much of the time I load it when it is not connected to the tow vehicle. I seem stuck holding this 20 foot remote control to tilt the deck back up when I am stuck in the machine at 13 degrees.

I know it seems stupid but any tips to help me find where to load it right the first time (regarding proper tongue weight) would help. Thanks!

Fred

/ Tips On Loading Deckover Tilt Trailer #2  
I highly recommend a wireless remote, also one for the winch if you have one. I have found working alone a powered up and down tilt trailer is too dangerous without.

/ Tips On Loading Deckover Tilt Trailer #3  
Check to see where your pivot point is on the deck and mark that, then determine about where your wheelbase center is on your tractor. Once the tractor center slightly passes your tilt mark, it should lower nicely. Towing position should be slightly forward of the axle centers to give your tongue weight.
Wait--- that痴 a corded 20ft remote? Not a 20ft range cordless? Heck switch that darn thing out, cords are to prone of getting hung up

/ Tips On Loading Deckover Tilt Trailer
I have ordered a wireless transmitter for the up/down. Looks like some practice is in order.
I can't believe it didn't come with one, looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Fred