The Mean Green Tahoe Machine.

/ The Mean Green Tahoe Machine. #41  
It Fits!! Sorta. Close quarters and will have to be very careful.

View attachment 791828

Tape lines on the floor and LED markers on the back wall will help. I hope.

Only about 12-18 inches less than the space between the wall and the door, so no walking between either in front or behind.

Exploring possibilities for adding 4 feet to the front of the garage.
I've had that same experience when I tried to put the 93 Suburban in the garage. I had about 6" front and back to spare. So I took a pressure treated 2x4 and pushed it up against the wheels nearest the back wall to use as a parking bumper. Then shot it into the concrete with a power nailer. From that point on, I could then just pull in until I felt the board, then stop.

My in-laws went the tennis ball on a string route. That works well, too.

/ The Mean Green Tahoe Machine.
I laid a hunk of 4x4. Easier to feel, harder to roll over. Measured from the bumper to the tire, then laid the 4x4 about 6 inches further from the wall.

Since this won't be the daily driver, I back it in. The Taurus is driven in. Passenger side to passenger side leaves the driver's doors so they can be opened easier.

It's slightly wider than the car it replaced, so the wagon had to move over a few inches. That cut some of the extra storage space to the left of the wagon which means some consolidation and rearranging the wall racks and shelves.

/ The Mean Green Tahoe Machine. #45  
I got REALLY TIRED of tight, cramped carports and garages. Way back when - I had the opportunity to make, at least, one stall on my carports - BIG. I can drive the tractor in from the front or back. Heck - if I wanted - I could almost park the tractor crosswise in this carport.

IMG_0002.jpeg

/ The Mean Green Tahoe Machine. #46  
My wife bought me this for Christmas and I am very very happy with it. So happy that I might start another thread to recommend to everyone.
My Blazer has the spare tire covering the back window so has limited visibility. I think you also would be happy with it in a larger vehicle.
I opted for the hardwire option rather than the cigarette lighter plug mess.

Screenshot (5).png

I have every intention of getting a backup camera system. I don't want the mirror version though. I want a separate monitor, and I'd like a forward camera option also. Might help with turning into some places if I can see the right front corner.

/ The Mean Green Tahoe Machine. #48  
I have every intention of getting a backup camera system. I don't want the mirror version though. I want a separate monitor, and I'd like a forward camera option also. Might help with turning into some places if I can see the right front corner.

I thought the same as you about the separate screen, but it was a gift so, . .
But then it turned out that the rear camera is WAY better than the rear mirror to see more and better. And to switch to the front camera, you just touch the screen.
Only thing, you can't look in the back seat, or if you have whip cream on your mustache! ;)

Got a few age spots, but mostly clean and tidy overall. Had a mechanical inspection done and they didn't find anything noteworthy. Front brake pads looked a bit thin to me, but they should be OK for a while.

Still haven't found any rust anywhere other than some slight surface rust on underbody parts.

This thing had a hitch, but no mount/adapter or hitch ball. So I go to HF and get their adjustable adapter and a 2" ball so I can use rental trailers. Then change the coupler on my toy utility trailer to a 2" so I don't have to switch back and forth.

Today, I go to hook that trailer to the Hoe for the first time and find that all of the other stuff moved the trailer back about 3-4" so the safety chains don't reach.

Luckily I remembered that on one of HF's sales, I picked up a bucket of chain and some quicklinks, so I made new trailer chains.