The Mean Green Tahoe Machine.

/ The Mean Green Tahoe Machine. #11  
GM uses an interesting 4wd system for the front differential least on my wifes Burb. The front diff is solid mounted and each wheel is driven with a CV half shaft and 4wd actuation is via an electric motor that engages a shaft that engages the front dif. Just replaced both half shafts on the Burb last fall as well as the 4wd actuator. I prefer lock out hubs myself but GM don't go that route. A1 Auto and I are good friends.

Not much to grease under there, tie rod ends and maybe the drag link. Universals are sealed for 'life' whatever that is. I'd be pulling the tans pan draining the torque converter and replacing thee fluid and filter.

My wife's Burb is built like a tank with a full ladder frame and weighs like a tank too.

/ The Mean Green Tahoe Machine. #12  
So, this is what's coming.

https://content.homenetiol.com/640x480/b6ef3562413f4b248d558c36eddcf772.jpg

14397b2aec574fa78d9682e9b2f23c24.jpg

73f1f272939d48d2b444b0f0391ba644.jpg

It's @oosik Taco Wagon approved. Contacted him by PM and asked if he'd be willing to go and look at it for me. Then he said he wanted to buy it. Said it looks as new in person as it does in the pictures.

Shipping to be arranged this week. Not sure when it will arrive.

• 4-wheel drive
  • 5.7L (350) SFI V8 (Vortec) engine
  • 6800# GVWR (3600 front/3750 rear), springs (3600 front/3750 rear), axles (3925 front/3750 rear)
  • 8-wire trailering harness

I know it won't be great on gas, but I drive so little that shouldn't matter.

Oh, wait, this section is about trailers and transportation for tractors, right? OK, so now I'll be able to tow my own tractor instead of having someone do it for me. Dealer details says it has the extra towing package.

Some people don't seem to like this generation of Tahoe/Suburban, but others love it. Neighbor had one identical and they loved theirs. Never a problem they said.

Going to take me a while to get used to it.
Congratulations! I had a '93 K1500. And we currently have a 2003 1500 4WD. You'll enjoy it!

/ The Mean Green Tahoe Machine.
Yes - I did check out the Tahoe and drive it. It's really nice - inside & out. Just like you see in the pics. AND as I stood next to it - I had visions of washing & waxing an aircraft carrier.

Like I told Diggin It - - a much nicer vehicle than he deserves. LOL LOL

Obviously previously owned by somebody who took good care of it and didn't have kids.
Not sure I'd have been so willing to buy without somebody looking at it in person. Really appreciate you doing that. Still wish you'd let me send you a bit for your fuel and time.

CarFax says five previous owners. I'll be six. Hard to find one in that shape after 20+ years and so many owners.

Not much to grease under there, tie rod ends and maybe the drag link. Universals are sealed for 'life' whatever that is. I'd be pulling the tans pan draining the torque converter and replacing thee fluid and filter.

My wife's Burb is built like a tank with a full ladder frame and weighs like a tank too.
I'll talk to the shop about that. It's got 192K on the clock, so may be time. CarFax doesn't show that kind of thing.

Neighbor had a trailer backed off into the woods for years. I pulled it out yesterday and looked it over. 5 x 10 steel frame with wood deck. Will probably need a new deck, new lights and a lot of clean up, maybe paint. Jack mount is bent/tilted a bit as is one tail light bracket. Tires are shot, rims look good. No way to tell about the underside or axle bearings yet. No ramps or drive on gate. Looks like it tilts.

He hasn't told me what he wants for it yet and I can see a couple of hundred dollars in refurb. But that won't be anywhere near what a new one would be.

I can't really read the tag, but it looks like it says 1575 GVWR and 3600 GAWR. If so, that should be more than suitable to haul the SCUT, no?

TrailerTag.jpg

Local tire shop has a special, oil change, lube, full inspection, (brakes, alignment, shocks, struts, etc.), top off fluids, rotate tires and new wiper blades for $70 less a $25 coupon

Same package with Valvoline full synthetic is $110 less coupon.

Any reason not to do the upgrade?

/ The Mean Green Tahoe Machine. #16  
Not sure I'd have been so willing to buy without somebody looking at it in person. Really appreciate you doing that. Still wish you'd let me send you a bit for your fuel and time.

CarFax says five previous owners. I'll be six. Hard to find one in that shape after 20+ years and so many owners.

I'll talk to the shop about that. It's got 192K on the clock, so may be time. CarFax doesn't show that kind of thing.
With 192 on the clock, maybe I'd not change the trans fluid. Probably a pretty good build up of stuff inside and changing it could cause issues. Lot of miles on a box. Did Amy's Burb but it only had 55 on it.

/ The Mean Green Tahoe Machine. #17  
Universals are sealed for 'life' whatever that is.

I think that means that when the grease fails, the joint fails, thus ending its life. Causality loop, if I ever heard of one!

/ The Mean Green Tahoe Machine. #18  
I'll tell you that you don't want a lower front control arm going out on one of those. They don't make them anymore. Has to come from salvage.

Rock seems to have a few, if these are the correct ones:

Uppers, lowers, rights and lefts.

/ The Mean Green Tahoe Machine. #20  
I have had good luck with LMC Truck for parts.