The Mean Green Tahoe Machine.

/ The Mean Green Tahoe Machine. #31  
Trailer brakes?

/ The Mean Green Tahoe Machine. #32  
It's definitely got a few more flaws than I saw in the pictures, but that's OK. Puts me at ease a bit as I won't have to be quite as careful with it.

Some paint sunburn, but it looks like just the clear coat. Hoping I can buff that out some.

View attachment 789526

Trailer wire is kind of hacked in and I'll probably try to redo it eventually.

View attachment 789527

View attachment 789528

The rusted piece behind that is the trailer hitch cross tube. Powder coat is all gone. Will brush it with Rustoleum black.

They put a brand new Interstate Battery in just a couple of months ago.

Curious thing is this black box and the add-on circuit breakers that appear to be wired to each other. No idea what it's for, except maybe related to trailer brakes? I don't ever plan on hauling anything heavy, so maybe that can come out?

View attachment 789529View attachment 789530
Might be a Tekonsha Voyager trailer brake controller.

/ The Mean Green Tahoe Machine.
Don't know. I'm going to stop at UHaul to ask them a few things and I'll have them look at it.

/ The Mean Green Tahoe Machine. #34  
I would think carefully about replacing that 25 year old receiver hitch, if you plan to be pulling a trailer. They don't cost much and are made of chinzy steel. They also rust from the inside out. I've seen them let go on the road, when somebody was just pulling a light trailer.
Nice looking vehicle though. 👍

/ The Mean Green Tahoe Machine. #35  
We had a '93 suburban with a factory hitch. I sold it to a mechanic for $500 about a year and a half ago. The trailer hitch supports had rust holes big enough to put your fist through. He bought a new hitch. They are pretty easy to put on once you get the old one off. He torched the bolts on the old one rather than messing with the rusted bolts.

For example, U-Haul sells a 9000# hitch ( which is more than your truck can legally tow ), for $200.

/ The Mean Green Tahoe Machine. #37  
The black box is a trailer brake controller and not a very good one. It’s hard to say what the circuit breakers are for without running down the wires.

As far as I can tell, the breakers are wired to the black box. Hopefully, U-Haul will be able to tell me more.

Couple of dash and courtesy lights out. Both license plate lights out. Typical of older vehicles. Plan to replace most if not all with LEDs once I can figure out how to get to them.

Carfax says oil was changed within the last 5K miles, but about two years ago. Still looks clean.

Tires look decent, plenty of tread.

Need to verify speedometer accuracy.

Glass is all good, no defects, other than the left outside mirror.

So far, just really minor stuff.

Might be a Tekonsha Voyager trailer brake controller.

The black box is a trailer brake controller and not a very good one. It’s hard to say what the circuit breakers are for without running down the wires.
If this is what you mean, the wiring diagram would explain the two breakers: https://www.etrailer.com/question-6890.html

https://images.etrailer.com/static/images/pics/q/u/qu6890_800.jpg

It Fits!! Sorta. Close quarters and will have to be very careful.

ItFits.jpg

Tape lines on the floor and LED markers on the back wall will help. I hope.

Only about 12-18 inches less than the space between the wall and the door, so no walking between either in front or behind.

Exploring possibilities for adding 4 feet to the front of the garage.