Diggin It

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS MT125 TLBM
So, this is what's coming.

https://content.homenetiol.com/640x480/b6ef3562413f4b248d558c36eddcf772.jpg

14397b2aec574fa78d9682e9b2f23c24.jpg

73f1f272939d48d2b444b0f0391ba644.jpg

It's @oosik Taco Wagon approved. Contacted him by PM and asked if he'd be willing to go and look at it for me. Then he said he wanted to buy it. Said it looks as new in person as it does in the pictures.

Shipping to be arranged this week. Not sure when it will arrive.

• 4-wheel drive
  • 5.7L (350) SFI V8 (Vortec) engine
  • 6800# GVWR (3600 front/3750 rear), springs (3600 front/3750 rear), axles (3925 front/3750 rear)
  • 8-wire trailering harness

I know it won't be great on gas, but I drive so little that shouldn't matter.

Oh, wait, this section is about trailers and transportation for tractors, right? OK, so now I'll be able to tow my own tractor instead of having someone do it for me. Dealer details says it has the extra towing package.

Some people don't seem to like this generation of Tahoe/Suburban, but others love it. Neighbor had one identical and they loved theirs. Never a problem they said.

Going to take me a while to get used to it.

/ The Mean Green Tahoe Machine. #2  
Nice looking unit. 👍 I really like the GMs of that vintage.

/ The Mean Green Tahoe Machine. #3  
What year and does it have the cylinder cut out on it? If it does, delete it or it will burn oil. It's a terrible design on GM's part. Wife has a Suburban she bought used from a private owner and it was using a quart every 1500 miles until I deleted it. No more oil usage. She don't care about fuel mileage at all and she don't drive that much anyway. Still is getting 18 anyway. I see (read) that GM wants to go 100% electric. Talk about stupid, there it is.

/ The Mean Green Tahoe Machine. #4  
That is a gorgeous Tahoe; it brings back memories of my parents '98 Yukon.

MVC-730F.jpg

/ The Mean Green Tahoe Machine.
What year and does it have the cylinder cut out on it?
'98.

I don't know.

There is a lot I need to learn about it. I've never had a 4WD vehicle for one thing and probably won't ever use that portion.

I wanted the barn doors which made it a lot harder to find one I wanted.

/ The Mean Green Tahoe Machine.
I've never worried about washing and waxing vehicles either, but I guess I'll have to find a place that does a decent job of both.

One of the first stops will be a tire shop to hoist it for a full inspection and lube.

/ The Mean Green Tahoe Machine. #7  
I've never worried about washing and waxing vehicles either, but I guess I'll have to find a place that does a decent job of both.

One of the first stops will be a tire shop to hoist it for a full inspection and lube.
Buy a buffer and wax it yourself. Do it on a regular basis and it goes pretty quickly.

On course the last time I waxed a truck was after buying my first new Ranger in 1983... I used to wax it every weekend.

/ The Mean Green Tahoe Machine. #8  
My father used to have a 99 2 door tahoe on a 9 inch lift z71 package he beat the guts out the poor thing and it never quit, until he eventually destroyed the original drivetrain and swapped in older used gm bits and pieces. Aslong as you take care of it they are good trucks.
20200709_085845.jpg

/ The Mean Green Tahoe Machine. #9  
Yes - I did check out the Tahoe and drive it. It's really nice - inside & out. Just like you see in the pics. AND as I stood next to it - I had visions of washing & waxing an aircraft carrier.

Like I told Diggin It - - a much nicer vehicle than he deserves. LOL LOL

Obviously previously owned by somebody who took good care of it and didn't have kids.

Last edited:
   / The Mean Green Tahoe Machine. #10  
Id love to track down dads 99 but I was still a kid when mom sold it after dad past it was a good truck to us.