That Never Ending T&T Path!

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #71  
Well, I got my hoses today from DiscountHydraulicHose and they screwed them up. Wrong connectors. Now we will see how their customer service is. I'll call in the morning.

BTW, the R16 hose is visually smaller in diameter than the R2. It's flexible enough so I can just about tie a knot in the hose.

If flexibility is what you need and heavy duty abrasion is not an issue, R16 will fill the bill quite nicely.

/ That Never Ending T&T Path!
One of the hoses I got was damaged close to where the end was crimped on. They sent a replacement as soon as I called. Actually they sent some wrong end connectors too as I recall.

They gave me their account number to send back the wrong/damaged stuff at thier cost, and also sent out what was right at no charge to me.

I hope your experience is the same. I expect it will be, but we will not know until we hear your experience. I really hope your experience is as good as mine, since all of us here at TBN could use a reliable source of hose and fittings who has reasonable prices. I get the impression this place is good, but time will tell I suppose.

Hope it all works out...

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #73  
Mad - I had been looking at the R16 the other day at discounthydraulichose. I thought it mentioned it was not appropriate for outdoor use, so I double checked tonight, sure enough, it said R16 is not for outdoor use. It is noted in the catalog section under the description. Obviously, I have no idea if that limitation is due to a cold weather restriction (although it specs at -40F to 212F) or possibly a UV exposure problem. I don't even know if use in this appication on a tractor is considered "outdoor" or if it applies more directly to a use that would have it exposed to the elements 24/7/365. Just thought I'd point it out.

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #74  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Obviously, I have no idea if that limitation is due to a cold weather restriction (although it specs at -40F to 212F) or possibly a UV exposure problem. I don't even know if use in this appication on a tractor is considered "outdoor" or if it applies more directly to a use that would have it exposed to the elements 24/7/365.)</font>

I did talk about this with the sales guy. He said it was mainly ment to be for uses where the hose would be coming in contact with something else, like another hose or for continuous exposure to the elements. Since my application is for a snowblower that is not used outdoors everyday, R16 will be ok. Now for a dozer or a tractor that is being used in the fields 8-10 hours a day every day that might be a different story.

1/4" R16 is industrial strength 5000 psi hose with a thinner outside wall (actually .02" thinner, yes that's 20 thousanths) to allow for sharper bends. The outer covering is the same material as R2, just not as thick. IF your application requires a sharp bend then by all means use R16. For the average homeowner's CUT I think R16 will be fine and last several (4-5) years if not more.

Just wanted to report that I got the credit on my credit card for the hoses and stuff that was not shipped, but was charged to my card.

I only disputed $285, but the credit came to $307. Not sure why...I will assume that HHF gave them that number and I'm not complaining...Maybe it cost less to ship the small box of fittings that I received than I estimated.

Also, I did get the T&T up and running a few days ago.

Will post some photos and an update as soon as I get around to it. I am pretty satisfied with things, now just need a reason to use the tractor... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #76  
So, now that you are progressing through the normal tractor ownership attachments are you ready to dapple and tackle the grapple? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I’m happy to report that except for some final hose length adjustments, I am pretty much done with the T&T project. Working backward again, here is the end result. I am not sure when this much tilt would ever be needed, but I guess having the capability can’t hurt.

This is 4” of tilt on one side. Each side can tilt equally since I used two identical cylinders. When I bring both cylinders to the top position, I know without thinking that the implement is level.

The Prince control valves with the built in pilot-operated check valves click pretty loudly when activated and seem to work well.

Float on a tilt cylinder looks promising. I think adding it was a plus. Have only done limited testing so far. I should know more after we get some snow.

Now on to confess my errors in the project.

Attachments

• 549001-1.jpg
    549001-1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 433
But first, for B2910 and B2710 owners that may be out there, here is a picture of the adapter block that is used for the rear remotes. I though it was going to be a pain to install, but it ended up being a piece of cake installation. It went on so easy, it is not worth talking about…

Attachments

• 549002-2.jpg
    549002-2.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 437
A shot of the hoses leaving the adapter block and heading to the control valve. Again, probably of no interest to those with different tractors.

Attachments

• 549003-3.jpg
    549003-3.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 363
4” stroke on one lift arm makes a huge difference in elevation at the ends. I bet 2” would be enough tilt, but I was glad I ended up with 4” only because of the heat travelling down the cylinder rod when I welded on the ends.

If one was able to weld and cool the rod enough not to worry about the cylinder seals, my guess is that a 2” cylinder on each side would be enough. Still, no regrets so far as far as I go.

Attachments

• 549004-4.jpg
    549004-4.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 404