That Never Ending T&T Path!

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #91  
<font color="blue"> After getting some experience using the setup I will know more </font>
Henro.
Nice project. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Will be interested in how the double cylinders work out.

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #92  
Henro glad it all came together for you. It looks like another very interesting and useful addition to your Kubota. Can you possibly show a closeup of how you mounted those quick connects to that piece of angle that you made? I'm considering adding a grapple and we'll need to fabricate something similar for the front of the tractor and we are unsure how to make it happen.

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #93  
Bill,
I think that you are trying to take Mark Chalkley test pilot positon away from him. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Good Job.

/ That Never Ending T&T Path!
<font color="blue">Can you possibly show a closeup of how you mounted those quick connects to that piece of angle that you made? </font>

PineRidge,

Yes, I can take a close up picture and post it. I don't have any in the camera at the moment.

Bulkhead fittings are the key. The quick connects that I bought had NPTF female ends on them. So they required NPTF male ends to screwed into them. Bulkhead fittings are available with NPTF male as one end and JIC 37 male on the other end. The 3/8" size mounts easily in a 5/8 inch hole.

A nut screws on from one end and pinches the mounting plate to hold the bulkhead fitting tightly in the mounting plate. I threaded the quick connects on to the bulkhead fittings before mounting them in the mounting plate. Then it was just a simple matter of attaching the adapters/hoses to the JIC end of the bulkhead fittings.

The final result is a very solid mount for the quick connects.

I'll try to get a close up photo later today sometime... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #95  
It is not the way Bill did it but the most common way to retain the couplers are external snap rings. The quick connectors already have the ring grooves.

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #96  
The double piloted check valves on the CCM and IE systems work as restrictors so the operator has greater control of the TNT.

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #97  
I have the IE cylinders w/double check valves and if they do any restriction, I'd hate to try them without it. I have 1/4 inch hose on a Kubota 4330 and its still too fast. Where do you buy these restrictors?

John

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #98  
John go back to IE as they supplied them to me as a part of my kit. They will replace one of the banjo bolts that fastens your hydraulic hoses to your cylinder check valve. I'll bet that explanation was as clear as mud, huh? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I can post a picture if necessary.

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #99  
Henro no need for a close-up picture as your response was all we needed to get it straight in our mind. Thanks!

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #100  
First if you use an orifice restrictor you will need to have the flow go into a 45 or 90 degree fitting to diffuse the small stream. If you do not use this setup some where down the road the restricted flow will cut a hole in the hose.