That Never Ending T&T Path!

/ That Never Ending T&T Path!
<font color="blue"> If you do not use this setup some where down the road the restricted flow will cut a hole in the hose. </font>

CCI,

Interesting observation! I can see how that might possibly happen. Do you have any idea how often such an event might happen? I would guess it is rare, but who tracks these things anyway?

I for one will certainly keep this thought in mind in case I apply orifice flow restrictors to something in the future.

Thanks for mentioning it. First I have heard of this possiblility.

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #102  
We noticed this problem in 1994 on V-Rakes. All of a sudden after half a season of use 30 rakes had hoses with holes in them all close to the same spot. These were on hoses leading to 2"x 10" hydraulic cylinders. Usually rakes are raised at the end of the field as the operator is turning around.

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #103  
Mark,
Thanks for pointing that out. I have never encountered that problem, having used very few restrictors of that type. Thanks again for the tip.

/ That Never Ending T&T Path!
<font color="blue"> It is not the way Bill did it but the most common way to retain the couplers are external snap rings. The quick connectors already have the ring grooves. </font>

Jerry,

I have heard of snap rings being used but have not seen a picture and don't know how it would be done with the parts I used.

Attached is a more detailed photo of my setup. Are these quick connects different from what would be used if snap rings were used to secure them?

I used a lock washer under the jam nut on the bulkhead fittings, and a touch of "PineRidge blue" to mark the holidays. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!

Attachments

• 549617-DSCN0222 (676 x 507).jpg
    549617-DSCN0222 (676 x 507).jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 533
   / That Never Ending T&T Path! #105  
Henro I couldn't make sense out of it until you mentiond the bulkhead jam nuts in an earlier post, then it came together for us. Thanks for posting that close-up shot, and it's OK to use a little blue on your Kubota. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #106  
<font color="blue">I have heard of snap rings being used but have not seen a picture and don't know how it would be done with the parts I used. </font>
Bill,
If you will look at the body of the female half of you quick connector, you should see small grooves. These grooves are for external snap rings. The distance between the grooves defines how thick the mounting bracket needs to be.

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #107  
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to thank you for the very informative postings and kudo's to you Henro for an excellent job on the TNT and the how to too /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But my toy err tractor is <font color="blue"> BLUE </font>, so I was wondering if there are any TC30 owners out there who have done or are planning on doing TNT, and what their results/thoughts are.

Not trying to start a brand war here, just an observation, but there are apparently some differences in the hitch linkages from orange to blue and I'm curious as to how they affect the design process. For instance my lift links have swivel eyes in the top end, I'm not sure how the Kubota model deals with those variations in geometry. I'm sure there are other differences I haven't noticed and perhaps I'm making mountains outa molehills but I'm curious, and at the prices some have quoted for dealer installed, well dyi would come close to paying for the welder to do it with and maybe even a few other toys/tools.

TIA
Dart

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #109  
test

Very wierd look at the date of this post made on 5/3/05

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #110  
Bill,
You truly are an artist! Excellent workmanship with the hitch and all the photos and postings! I love the clever way you concealed the oops holes. That's a neat installation with the valves overhead. I guess the only thing we could ask for is action photos now! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif