That Never Ending T&T Path!

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #31  
WoW…Very slick… You should have extreme angle variation with both lower links adjustable… You will have to post a picture of a blade at its extremes … KennyV.

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #32  
Bill, nice job. However I question the placement of your valve block and how cumbersome it will or might be to actually use it in real world work situations.

Hey, whatever floats your boat. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #33  
Bill, like the MadReferee said, personally, I wouldn't like your placement of the valve and levers, but that's just personal preference. And the rest of your project really looks great.

/ That Never Ending T&T Path!
<font color="blue"> I question the placement of your valve block and how cumbersome it will or might be to actually use it in real world work situations. </font>

I know the feeling... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I mounted it there after much consideration, and actually have had it there for a couple weeks and before ordering my hoses, I have a great number of times turned around and played like I was using the T&T setup (must have looked strange to the geese...or the neighbor if he happened to be looking... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif ) and it just felt "good."

What I don't know is how much time one needs to keep his hand on a cortol lever normally. If I end up wanting to change the position of a cylinder every five minutes or so, I believe I will be satisfied with this setup. If it turns out that those with T&T are constantly changing postion of their cylinders, like every five seconds for hours at a time...I'll probably start looking like one of those lobsters with a large claw and a small claw... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Don't think I want that... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

It will be interesting to see if postioning that valve like that turns out to be a major blunder or asset. I believe it will be the latter but will not know obviously until a while after I get some T&T hours under my belt...or is the proper term "under my butt?" /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #35  
Depending on what you are doing you could be adjusting every 15-20 seconds or every 5 minutes. Depends on the job and on the terrain. When I was doing my yard I had to adjust the TL at least twice a minute or more until I got the land relatively flat.

With the snowblower I adjust the chute every pass which is a couple of minutes.

So, if you got an arthritic shoulder it could get a lot worse or it could be just a little nagging pain. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #37  
Henro nice project and from what I see very nice bead on your welds. I might question the placement of the control valve myself but in the end you only have to please yourself. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I hope it works out for you as it certainly adds to the Mad Max look. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #38  
Thank you for taking the time and effort to put together this terrific picture essay. Very informative, especially the thought process you went through. It's so helpful knowing the reasons for why you've done things they way you did. It's posts like these that make TBN a great place to be.

Cliff

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #39  
Henro,

Are you and Harv distant relatives or something? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif You each have exceptional skills (I know, Harv, you call it luck) at fabrication, yet you both take these skills to another level by (and I really am tired of this phrase, but it fits here) "thinking outside of the box". Solving problems in unique ways to meet your particular needs.

Bill, if you get bored this winter, I'll ship my TC29 up your way and you can do all the modifications you would like to. Kind of like Monster Garage. (Hey, Harv - What could be better for your Monster Garage audition tape than you and Bill doing a makeover of my CUT?) Of course, with you to conspiring, I might get a nitro-powered Zamboni with a 300 lb. Texas-shaped rock as a hood ornament. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Not that there's anything wrong with that. But I probably wouldn't have much use for it in Georgia.

Again, nice job, Bill.

/ That Never Ending T&T Path! #40  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I’m actually not yet sure exactly how I will shield the hoses in this location, but this is the prototype. )</font>

Bill,

You might want to look into Header Wrap used by the car guys to wrap their headers to help reduce heat under the hood. I don't know how well this would stop a spurting hydraulic line, but I imagine if you overlapped the wrap, then it would prevent the spray effect that you're trying to avoid. This would also help reduce the heat coming off of the hoses also.

Clint.