TC30 Won't turn over - Do I need a new Safety Controller? Big Bucks :-(

/ TC30 Won't turn over - Do I need a new Safety Controller? Big Bucks :-( #21  
Hi guys I'm glad I found this site, been having the same problem with my TC30. After checking every safety switch and checking every wire I could get to, along with blowing a fist full of fuses, I figured it was the safety controller. Like you guys said I couldn't find any info on how it works or how to test it and didn't want to spend that much with out knowing. I just wanted to ask if you've had anymore trouble since replacing the safety controller, thanks for any feedback

/ TC30 Won't turn over - Do I need a new Safety Controller? Big Bucks :-( #22  
@Mike C20- I couldn't find good instructions for testing the controller so I bought a new one, pretty confident that was the problem. $50 that didn't fix the problem. In my case it turned out to be the seat switch. I had pulled the cable to the seat switch off and shorted it, figuring that would rule out a bad seat switch. I think my wire wasn't making contact, or that the switch is perhaps open when you sit on the seat? In any case, removing the shorting wire and hooking up the seat switch and now things work again. I do still have the new controller in there so perhaps there were two problems. But it wasn't until I fixed the seat switch that things started working again.

These safety cut-offs can be a real pain but my work around - a hot wire to the fuel solenoid was a cure almost as bad as the problem- machine wouldn't turn off.

/ TC30 Won't turn over - Do I need a new Safety Controller? Big Bucks :-( #23  
I have the same exact problem on my 2008 TC30. I just arrived at the same conclusion after unplugging the safety controller module and testing it. That pin 10 (power, connects to positive wire running to 5A fuse) is shorted to the neighboring pin 11, which is ground. Guess I'm looking at replacing that expensive controller as well. Any recommendations on where I can purchase that controller at reasonable price? Also, I'm a bit nervous about plugging in an expensive new module without knowing what caused the first one to go bad. Not a part I want to be replacing multiple times:)
I too have the same problem on my 2008 TC30. Starting to think my short is in the safety controller as well, but I don't know how to test that before replacing the controller.

Also, does anyone know where I can purchase a new controller without paying extortion prices?

Thx.

/ TC30 Won't turn over - Do I need a new Safety Controller? Big Bucks :-( #24  
[snip]

Also, does anyone know where I can purchase a new controller without paying extortion prices?

Thx.
Just a bump, anyone know where to buy an after-market safety controller for a TC30?