Comparison T1054 Any Issues??

/ T1054 Any Issues?? #1  

SplitHoof

Silver Member
Tractor
TYM T1054
Hello all! I’m new to the site and looking for some wisdom and insight. My wife and I have a hobby sheep farm that we would like to grow into a full time job for the both of us and we are in need of a new tractor. I have gotten the green light on something in the 100hp range and after spending several lunches, reading forums and comparing data sheets, I keep coming back to the T1054. My hesitation comes from the concern of the future life of our local dealerships and parts availability.

I have requested that the local dealer get in touch with some folks who have purchased the same model that would be willing talk to me about their experiences.

I have seen a couple of threads here regarding the 1003 but nothing much on the 1054.

Any advice, suggestions or directions to another post on this model would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

/ T1054 Any Issues?? #2  
I have a 754, 2 years old, 320+ hours.
Yes, smaller than what you are looking at, but I am pleased with it.
Just a few problems, that the dealer took care of very fast. Dealer is 70 miles away.
No matter what brand of tractor you buy, the dealer/parts, online or offline is the most important part.
On the tractor size, I run 150+ head of sheep and the 754 is about 20hp more than I could get by with.
If my Ford 4000 had a cab with AC, that would all the tractor I would need.
I plan on in 2-3 years buying a 30-40 hp cab tractor for all the little jobs.

/ T1054 Any Issues??
I agree with the dealer/parts concern. That is my main worry/unknown. And yes, the 75hp would be the perfect long term size but I’m 6’6” and 350lbs and we’ll to be honest, the 75 was pretty tight!

/ T1054 Any Issues?? #4  
I agree with the dealer/parts concern. That is my main worry/unknown. And yes, the 75hp would be the perfect long term size but I’m 6’6” and 350lbs and we’ll to be honest, the 75 was pretty tight!
Yes, a tractor that fits your size is very important.
The cab on the 754 is a little small when my GD is helping me drive.

/ T1054 Any Issues??
Well we had it delivered on the 4th of July. Dealer installed a third function valve and air seat as a part of the deal. 20 HRs so far. IMG_1735.JPG

/ T1054 Any Issues?? #6  
Congrats, that T1054 is a great looking tractor, I know it's new to you l, but what are your first impressions? Feel free to share as many pictures inside and out as time provides. I have been looking for information on that tracor, and it's scarce to say the least....

/ T1054 Any Issues??
My first and only tractor is a 1966 Ford 3000 gasser with the 4 speed so this is quite the leap for me! So not having any other tractor experience, what stands out to me may be common for a cab tractor or not!

When we decided it was time for a tractor, I knew it needed to be 4wd, have a loader with the ssqa, at least 2 remotes and more gears than I knew what to do with and a cab!

If you are looking at this model, forgive me if you have read the stats already! The T1054 is definitely a 4wd, loader rated at 4100lbs at full height, 32x32 tranny, 3 remotes, self leveling loader - and having used both leveling and non leveling, I can’t imagine a loader being install on a tractor and it not be self leveling. This also came with the Bosch three point control - which is pretty impressive so far. I love the ground control that it offers. Lower and raise buttons on both back fenders and it does have the manual override on the valve body if needed.

I don’t remember reading this before we purchased it but it does engage the 4wd when both brakes are pushed. I love the soft touch controls for 4wd, auto pto, etc.

The shuttle shift was awkward at first but I have quickly come to think that it’s really the only way to go!

So the things that stand out that seem off to me - at the 2200 (pto) rpm, there is a really annoying resonance that I think I read about from a T1003 owner. Bump the rpm up or down a scosh and it goes away. The pto speed select is not smooth or definite. It’s almost like the selector that the cable moves needs polished? Haven’t seen it, just describing the feel. Switching from one of the 4 ranges doesn’t have a typical 4 speed feel. Seems like there isn’t a lot of movement on the tranny end so you wind up checking your position again. Switching the gears is smooth, just not a lot of movement so that maybe be me just not used to the feel of things yet. The hi/low button is flawless and instant. The hood bounces around too much for my liking. It’s latched but it’s just not snug of that makes sense.

And to me, it feels top heavy. I think filling the tires would fix that. Again, I don’t have experience in a cab so what I’m feeling may be typical. I know I’m not comfortable with that yet! Lol

I’m not sold on the electronic pto on/off yet either. But that’s not a TYM issue. I think most all the manufacturers are using that setup.

I completely understand on the scarce information!! You might check around your area and see if there is a Mahindra 105p around - it’s identical to this TYM as they were both made by TYM.

I’ll get some pictures and comments posted.

I’ll be glad to answer whatever questions you might have as well as post specific pictures of something if your curious. I have picked up a lot of tips and info from this website so I’ll be glad to offer what I can for someone the same!

Last edited:
   / T1054 Any Issues??
The condenser is hinged so you can get your radiator genie in behind it to clean it. There are screens on the sides and front of the radiator, intercooler, and condenser. It’s all easy to clean and access.