Stupid Things I Have Done

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #211  
Drove my ATV across my big lake. Retrieving a friends goose decoys. I went out on the ATV because I had checked - eleven inches of ice. About 6" on snow on top of the ice. Spring area(s) could not be seen.

I NEVER knew the big lake had springs like my little lake. My yellow lab pulled me out on top of the ice - saved my azz. Duck boat got to the floating ATV. Long rope and tractor pulled the ATV onto the shore.

Oil change and dry air filter - good as new.

I was very lucky. Tried three time to pull myself up onto the ice. The ice was very thin at this spring location. Would not support my weight. Yellow lab was fifty feet away, on the shore, watching all of this. I called him and he came right out to where I was. I grabbed his collar - this scared the snot outa him. He threw it into 4WD reverse - I slid right out onto the firmer ice. After the third time I was in a state of complete exhaustion. Without the dogs help - I probably wouldn't be telling this story.

The lab - Sam - had a char broiled T-bone steak for dinner that night.
good boy

i had a girl yellow lab named sam and now a little tear.....

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #212  
Revival of old thread, instead of four letter word new thread starting or banging my head against immovable objects til I see stars. So I tacked, welded solid with 7018, ground down burs, beveled, and was about to paint when I finally realized my top link cultivator, extension is going the wrong way. Blew Lots of chances to correct beforehand. In Liu of sending me a Darwin award please donate to a local charity or church I know I will. By humbly posting my stupid time consuming mistake on a public forum I'm hoping to learn/remember and not ever do this again. Back to grinding 😂

Attachments

• KIMG1881.JPG
    KIMG1881.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 111
   / Stupid Things I Have Done #213  
Revival of old thread, instead of four letter word new thread starting or banging my head against immovable objects til I see stars. So I tacked, welded solid with 7018, ground down burs, beveled, and was about to paint when I finally realized my top link cultivator, extension is going the wrong way. Blew Lots of chances to correct beforehand. In Liu of sending me a Darwin award please donate to a local charity or church I know I will. By humbly posting my stupid time consuming mistake on a public forum I'm hoping to learn/remember and not ever do this again. Back to grinding 😂
No grinding. Cut it off flush at the bottom and weld it back on facing the other way.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #214  
Couldn’t have said it better myself!

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #215  
Welds look nice though!

Its threads like these that really make me feel like part of the community!

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #217  
My most recent, and most expensive oops, Yet. 😵‍💫. $$$
Hey dummy remember to move the pivot before burning the woods.
The pine had a canker near the ground. It burned and fell during the night.
IMG_1932.jpeg

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #218  
Was at my wife's family for Christmas and my wife, her sister and my MIL were all visiting in a semi-lit hallways. I decided to embarrass my wife by grabbing her on the @ss where the other two would not notice as I walked by.

I heard my SIL yell Hey! as I was walking by I realized I grabbed her on the @ss instead of my wife. I was looking for a big rock to crawl under that day LOL.

Was trying to embarrass my wife, the irony!

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #219  
Was at my wife's family for Christmas and my wife, her sister and my MIL were all visiting in a semi-lit hallways. I decided to embarrass my wife by grabbing her on the @ss where the other two would not notice as I walked by.

I heard my SIL yell Hey! as I was walking by I realized I grabbed her on the @ss instead of my wife. I was looking for a big rock to crawl under that day LOL.

Was trying to embarrass my wife, the irony!
I'll talk with pretty much anyone. I was at Sam's club with my wife. She had wandered off to grab a last minute item while I was standing in line for the checkout.

This rather large women was in line behind me and I was joking with the people in front as well as the lady behind me.

I was focusing on the people in front of me when the lady behind me decided to grab my bottom Well I jumped from surprise. My wife saw as she was walking up and started laughing her butt off.

On the way out, I asked my wife if she would have defended my honor

Her answer was "Run forest run!!!!"

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #220  
The strange lady grabbed your @$$?