Stump bucket build

/ Stump bucket build #11  
Yup. :)
does that thing have multiple teeth on it? Trying to figure out what's made onto the side there..
Vigo327,

A different pic for your viewing pleasure. I modified the M59 to accept attachments that fit the Kubota mini excavator (including KX121, KX040,KX71,KX91,KX033, U35 ) so I could buy and use all the many different quick attach attachments ( buckets, ripper, rakes, SSQA plate, Post Hole Auger... ) designed for the very common Kubota mini ex machines. Costs for the mini ex tools are much lower than M59 specific tools because the quantity of mini ex's in use vs the small number of M59s. Kubota's quick attatch coupler, specific for the M59, is unique and does not couple to the mini ex tools. The ripper tooth has single 1 inch thick blade of AR 400 steel with replaceable tooth.

Attachments

• Ripper on coupler.jpg
    Ripper on coupler.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 94
   / Stump bucket build #12  
Nice!!

My miniature-scale way of relating is that i rebuilt the dipper arm on my friend’s tiny b670 backhoe (5.5ft dig? lol) to be able to use the same attachments as my later model which also shares dimensions with the BX line.. so now both our machines can share attachments and potentially buy BX attachments. Still no quick coupler but its being considered. 🙂

Last edited:
   / Stump bucket build #13  
I just use a Worksaver stump grinder. Leaves no holes to fill in and all that remains is chips that rot away.

/ Stump bucket build
The only problem I have is seeing the darn thing. So sometime this week I am ordering a backup cam with a monitor from amazon. I think that will fix that problem. I will let you know in a couple of weeks.
I have my backup camera installed and love it. It is not only good for seeing the stump and the stump bucket, but also good for hooking up the attachments to the bucket. I highly recommend it to anyone that can't see over the hood.

/ Stump bucket build #15  
Vigo327,

A different pic for your viewing pleasure. I modified the M59 to accept attachments that fit the Kubota mini excavator (including KX121, KX040,KX71,KX91,KX033, U35 ) so I could buy and use all the many different quick attach attachments ( buckets, ripper, rakes, SSQA plate, Post Hole Auger... ) designed for the very common Kubota mini ex machines. Costs for the mini ex tools are much lower than M59 specific tools because the quantity of mini ex's in use vs the small number of M59s. Kubota's quick attatch coupler, specific for the M59, is unique and does not couple to the mini ex tools. The ripper tooth has single 1 inch thick blade of AR 400 steel with replaceable tooth.
I keep looking at that custom quick attach and wondering if it could be made so that implements could be attached pointing either way. Not sure exactly why one would want a ripper tooth pointing the other way, but maybe.

/ Stump bucket build #16  
Well, if you look at Everything Attachments latest video of their tree puller on an excavator, it may give you some ideas. It is a similarly curved attachment facing away from the operator.

/ Stump bucket build #17  
Vigo327,

It took a little bit longer than expected but my dealer got my ripper in today.
IMG_4390.JPG

/ Stump bucket build #18  
I keep looking at that custom quick attach and wondering if it could be made so that implements could be attached pointing either way. Not sure exactly why one would want a ripper tooth pointing the other way, but maybe.
rScotty,

I am currently looking at what is involved with being able to couple up attachments in "reverse". The custom quick attach coupler is a standard KX 040 coupler with "custom" pin bosses to fit the M59 and the coupler does not change the leverage arms so the "custom" coupler is not less or more powerful in its curl force. The problem with "reversing" an implement is the hole for the manual pin no longer lines up. Changing the coupler by adding an additional pin hole to line up with "reversed" attachments would limit curl in due to linkages and adapter trying to occupy the same space. I would like to be able to use buckets in "reverse" position so the bucket mouth is facing away from tractor when working at the face of a dirt bank.

Smokeydog recently purchased a SSQA plate that attaches, in reverse, to the custom M59 coupler, which opens up a whole new realm of attachments. I have a McMillen X1475 that mounts to SSQA and I use on the FEL. Mounting the auger on the hoe, using the reversed SSQA, would allow me to drill holes much further away from tractor. Installing fence on steeper slopes and banks now can be done by machine.

/ Stump bucket build #19  
It took a little bit longer than expected but my dealer got my ripper in today. View attachment 792457
4570Man,

I see, what appears to be a manual valve, that can be turned to direct hydraulic flow to the thumb or to an attachment plugged into the coupler. Is there an equivalent valve on the opposite side of the stick? Do you have any thoughts/ feedback to these valves and their location on stick?

I would need to add such a valve set if I run hydraulic tools on the hoe.

/ Stump bucket build #20  
4570Man,

I see, what appears to be a manual valve, that can be turned to direct hydraulic flow to the thumb or to an attachment plugged into the coupler. Is there an equivalent valve on the opposite side of the stick? Do you have any thoughts/ feedback to these valves and their location on stick?

I would need to add such a valve set if I run hydraulic tools on the hoe.

Yes there’s one on both sides. I’ve only used them 1 time to power a wood splitter and the wood splitter needed design changes and I’ve not used it since. The valves did work and I’ve never put much thought into it besides that. They came on the excavator.