Stuck loader fitting - how to loosen

/ Stuck loader fitting - how to loosen #1  

SouthernSky

Gold Member
Tractor
2013 Kubota L3200DT
I have to rebuild my bucket curl cylinders due to leaks. Of the eight connections I have to remove to also change four hoses, one is stuck.
The 7/8" wrench pictured is just there to keep me from twisting the tubing while trying to figure out how to loosen the fitting.
I've tried a soaking with PBBlaster and putting both a 7/8" and 11/16" wrench on the two nuts and trying to pull them together.
I tried a rubber mallet which had no impact on loosening the fitting in the lower yellow area.
I sure would appreciate any guidance on how to get this off while still on the tractor.

1701787376040.png

/ Stuck loader fitting - how to loosen #2  
Those look like swivel connections but possible someone over torqued or added locktite. Maybe a little heat but have to be careful to not burn the oil.

/ Stuck loader fitting - how to loosen
Going out to try both ideas now ...

Well, both worked. I'm not sure which one. I tapped it with a ball peen hammer and then heated it up for no more than 15 seconds and I was able to get it off.
Unlike the seven others, it turns out this has rust on it which explains a lot.
I couldn't afford to break that aluminum tubing so, as always, thank you!!

1701789286375.png

/ Stuck loader fitting - how to loosen #6  
That's not aluminum tubing, its steel. That dry ring of rust is also why putting oil on it wasn't going to work. Wack it with a hammer or as a last resort heat it.

/ Stuck loader fitting - how to loosen #7  
I realize this job has been completed but for future reference or anyone else reading an air hammer works wonders for loosening stuck or difficult to reach fittings. It also doesn’t pose much risk of twisting off the opposing fitting like cranking on it with wrench does.

/ Stuck loader fitting - how to loosen #8  
Well, both worked. I'm not sure which one. I tapped it with a ball peen hammer and then heated it up for no more than 15 seconds and I was able to get it off.
Unlike the seven others, it turns out this has rust on it which explains a lot.
I couldn't afford to break that aluminum tubing so, as always, thank you!!

View attachment 835554
Darn, there goes another potential epic thread down the drain because it was solved too soon.
I was going to suggest Kroil oil, then maybe heat.

Darn, there goes another potential epic thread down the drain because it was solved too soon.

Well, in that case, how would you remove the rust from the fitting?

/ Stuck loader fitting - how to loosen #10  
When hammering on something like that using a backup hammer may be a good idea.