Oil & Fuel Storing Fuel

/ Storing Fuel #11  
Snowman
Diesel dealers in Michigan will not allow you to use a <font color=red>RED</font color=red> container to put diesel in./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif Even if it has Diesel written on it. Container must be <font color=yellow>YELLOW<font color=yellow>.

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ Storing Fuel #12  
I found my yellow diesel cans in Wal Mart. I also add Sta-Bil to all my fuel as my place is 3 hours away and I sometimes don't get to use up fuel at the rate that I'd like. I've used it for 3 years in chainsaw gas, my old truck, and now in diesel and so far am happy with the results.
mike

/ Storing Fuel #13  
Mike, I bought one at an AutoZone auto parts dealer. I don't know if you have them in PA, but you might check them or Napa. Here in TX, I've even seen them in Home Depot and Lowes right near gas cans and K1 kerosene cans. They are all made by Gott or Blitz. Hope this helps...

JimI

/ Storing Fuel #14  
I bought some yellow diesel cans at Auto Zone.

/ Storing Fuel #15  
Whatever you store it in, just don't mix it up with the gas...when I was buying my JD a few years ago the dealer was telling me about someone who had just bought a new JD (i think it was a 4600) and filled it up with gasoline...the guy called 'cause the tractor was running funny and didn't sound so good.

Don't know what the actual damage was, but I hope I never find out.

PS: I keep my diesel in a 275gallon metal tank, the kind you would normally see in your cellar full of oil for your burner. Has a nice electric pump and meter...nice setup. Got it with the house when I bought it.

/ Storing Fuel #16  
I have to ask.... Do you have your diesel delivered or how do you get it into your storage tank? Just curious....

JimI

/ Storing Fuel #17  
Yes, the same company that delivers my heating oil, delivers the diesel. Same cost as picking it up at a gas station.

FYI: Around here at least you can buy these 275 gallon tanks pretty cheap. Lot of people convert to gas heat an almost give away the tanks.

/ Storing Fuel #18  
ejb,

Actually couldn't your oil company just fill your tank with #2 heating oil? It's the same stuff (maybe less some additives?).

Rob

/ Storing Fuel #19  
Some boating supply co's sell them many of the lager boats are desiel...Try Overtons I believe they have an oinline store listed by name...

Laziness is the Father of invention.../w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif
Lil' Paul
Proud owner of TC21D

/ Storing Fuel #20  
You also might mention it to the walmart auto manager...Some here carry the yellow and blue some don't.For example I live 20 min or so between 2 diff walmarts one is over the mountain and more rural seems to sell quite a few of them, the other to my knowing has never carried them...But is close to B'ham...I doubt they would sell many... just a thought....

Laziness is the Father of invention.../w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif
Lil' Paul
Proud owner of TC21D