Storing backhoe, stabilizer arms bleeding

/ Storing backhoe, stabilizer arms bleeding #11  
Gravity will cause your retracted stabilizers to bleed down and slowly expose the cylinder rods. Chain the stabilizers together to keep this from happening.

/ Storing backhoe, stabilizer arms bleeding #12  
For the Kubota B26 I built a 8” timber pallet to rest on. Manual calls for some blocking. Hoses are too short without some blocking. Greatly helps when hooking up.

The M59 backhoe is happy on the ground. Both are stored in the barn. The hoses are connected and all pressure is relived for storage.

/ Storing backhoe, stabilizer arms bleeding #13  
Why rest it that high off the ground? How long will it be off the machine?

I’m a relative newb but on my Kubota L47 (similar to the B26 and M59 listed above) the hoe is considered “power beyond” and do not bleed off like the FEL. Once the lines are disconnected the system is closed.

When I drop mine, after the pins are out I lower it to the ground then disconnect the lines. I have sat it on 2x scraps but have also left it on grass. Rarely off for more than a week though

/ Storing backhoe, stabilizer arms bleeding
Why rest it that high off the ground? How long will it be off the machine?

I’m a relative newb but on my Kubota L47 (similar to the B26 and M59 listed above) the hoe is considered “power beyond” and do not bleed off like the FEL. Once the lines are disconnected the system is closed.

When I drop mine, after the pins are out I lower it to the ground then disconnect the lines. I have sat it on 2x scraps but have also left it on grass. Rarely off for more than a week though
My hoses aren’t that long. I’m afraid they won’t reach.
currently though I’m trying to reconnect my hoses and I cannot get my hoses to connect for the life of me.

/ Storing backhoe, stabilizer arms bleeding #15  
currently though I’m trying to reconnect my hoses and I cannot get my hoses to connect for the life of me.

Just occurred to me there could be a temp difference, the guys in the other thread are right. Same thing happens on grapples, you drop them, they sit in the sun all day, then you can’t reconnect. I’ve had to loosen a fitting twice in 5 yrs to reconnect.
It’s helped to connect the fittings when taking it off, helps even out the pressure

/ Storing backhoe, stabilizer arms bleeding #16  
I put a tie down strap from 1 stabilizer arm to the other to keep them from bleeding down. I also have mine on an oversized pallet so I can move it around with my forks.

/ Storing backhoe, stabilizer arms bleeding #17  
When you tried to bleed down the cylinders, you built up pressure against the couplers. No chance to reconnect them without loosening a fitting and relief pressure.

/ Storing backhoe, stabilizer arms bleeding #19  
When you tried to bleed down the cylinders, you built up pressure against the couplers. No chance to reconnect them without loosening a fitting and relief pressure.
Unsure if that is fully the case, might be able to use a jack or two to take the pressure off the legs which will reduce the back pressure on the fittings... this is after they cool off in the evening/early morning.

Unfortunately this is a normal consideration of having hydraulic equipment and is almost always an afterthought. We have all done it or will do it at some point.

/ Storing backhoe, stabilizer arms bleeding
Got it fixed. Was a cooler morning this morning and they hooked right in. Guess I’ll be using a wrench next to relieve the pressure. Thanks