Snow Attachments Snow PUMP

/ Snow PUMP #191  
Any more progress ??

/ Snow PUMP
Any more progress ??

No, I'm operating the existing rig in its 9th or whatever-th season, I got two engines standing by for blueprinting for the project with all parts already on the bench and all machine-shop work done on one of them. I've been lazy as per SOP this time of year.

i LOVE your freaking sig!

One element of the new project plan is the previously outlined possibility of using a Ram-3500 host platform sporting 2500lbs on the nose. I'm thinking of using the (reinforced) front hooks as 2 elements of a 3-point, i just need a 3rd *hardpoint* of sorts at about mid-height between the radiator and the grille so that the truck would be 100% street legal when not blowing snow. Incorporating such a hardpoint withOUT the ususal brain-dead "if it breaks make it bigger and ugglier" plow rack is what I'm kicking around these days. I would put ALL but the hooking attachment actuators on the blower itself instead of on the truck, this should make the idea executable and I won't have to dish out another $500/yr just to keep another vehicle in plates!

I once owned a '62 Lincoln convertible with some neat electrical screw-locks on the top-swallowing trunk lid. Three small hydraulic motors along those lines on 3 hardpoints could facilitate approaching and latching the blower without getting out of the seat.

The plan is to get one of the engines done by summer and then either adapting to the existing rig or going for a truck.

/ Snow PUMP
Go look in pics of your snow weapons post #4012 or so. Someone posted a picture of a rig that is what you are trying to build. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/snow-removal/184041-pictures-your-snow-weapons.html

Yeah, I've seen MANY like it but that isn't what I'm after *at this point* in case I opt for a truck platform. Those chain hoisted plow racks weigh a ton and are the type on-in -October/off-in-April. I'm not dismissing it, but will first try to think up something simpler, cleaner, lighter, faster. I would also have some questions about that front suspension and load capability, just off hand and not really knowing the weight of that blower with rack and hyd-motor.

/ Snow PUMP #195  
Yeah, I've seen MANY like it but that isn't what I'm after *at this point* in case I opt for a truck platform. Those chain hoisted plow racks weigh a ton and are the type on-in -October/off-in-April. I'm not dismissing it, but will first try to think up something simpler, cleaner, lighter, faster. I would also have some questions about that front suspension and load capability, just off hand and not really knowing the weight of that blower with rack and hyd-motor.
What are you after then I'm curious?? The one I posted about it a permanent snow blowing truck. Has a hilo mast to lift, not a plow system, and has a motor in back driving the hydraulics for the blower like what you want.

What else are you looking for??

/ Snow PUMP
What are you after then I'm curious?? The one I posted about it a permanent snow blowing truck. Has a hilo mast to lift, not a plow system, and has a motor in back driving the hydraulics for the blower like what you want.

What else are you looking for??

I'm thinking of using the two front tow hooks (or a stronger version of them) as the two lower points of a 3-point system. Compared to a tractor's 3-point the difference would be that everything else would be on the blower so that the blower would be articulating and moving itself as opposed to the tractor/truck moving it. What this means in theory is nothing more on the truck than the 3 strongpoints to latch to (a kind of quick-attach system). The third one would need to be right about in front of the middle of the radiator behind or flush with the grill. If I cannot cook up anything like this THEN I'll consider a more or less permanent or seasonal installation method like the one in post you linked.

/ Snow PUMP #197  
   / Snow PUMP #198  
   / Snow PUMP
The first engine bagged (and to enter service) in this project is coming along nicely. It's my second diesel and first Cummins build. I've learned a lot of respect for Cummins in the exercise, for example the way the power steering pump is done. It's exactly how "I" would have done it. Let's face it, loosing steering boost on a half-serious truck is a distinct accident risk so a solid drive instead of the belted pump makes points with me. I won't even mention the current fad of electrically assisted steering solutions.

Valve-Covers-On-2018-03-13.jpg