Snow Attachments Snow PUMP

/ Snow PUMP
1st start on not quite finished blueprinting of the old 12-valve ('95 Ram in previous life). Still waiting for some turbo and exhaust V-couplings and installation of 2 rads from an ATV. The Deutz 4-holer has been removed and is up for sale (no takers yet). I intend to use the existing rig for the 2018/19 season and am chopping pounds off by going with the automotive mounting style (mostly on a single x-member near longitudinal C of G).

Cummins 12-valve, 1st start blueprinted - YouTube

/ Snow PUMP
Stage-2 is out of shakedown, just finishing its 1st season, about 90 hours in all with LOTS of down-time waiting for parts. One set of chinese bearings bought for the auger broke the first time I started up due to lousy flange castings! There are a few items on the 2-do list this summer seeing that I had no time to get everything ready before it snowed. Speaking of snow, maybe it's climate-change, the winter has been a living nightmare. One week when mine was down and a neighbor came to clear my road @ $75/hr the $100 he got for the job didn't even scratch the $400 worth of parts he broke, three breaks in one day! The snow is just like cement, it breaks EVERYTHING. Changing chains, bearings, you name it ..all the time. The u-tube was he first day all winter (today) when it was as easy as can be seen in the video.

Snowbeast re-engin(eer)ed - YouTube

/ Snow PUMP #203  
Glad you got it running and had some snow to check it out. We had a mild winter until Feb, then we had the most snow in Feb since 1893. It is unusual for us to have snow into March, got another 4" in the couple days, likely all will melt locally in the next week or 10 days.

/ Snow PUMP
Glad you got it running and had some snow to check it out. We had a mild winter until Feb, then we had the most snow in Feb since 1893. It is unusual for us to have snow into March, got another 4" in the couple days, likely all will melt locally in the next week or 10 days.

Our winter weather is fairly predictable as far as sequence of events is concerned: mild wet low pressure dumps snow around -10c between 15 * 20 times a winter. This light fluffy stuff is very easy to clear but then the depression parks itself around Newfoundland leaving howling winds and very cold drifting snow on us for 2-3 days each time. This is the problematic snow and it fills any space betwen snow-banks in hours, as anyone who's been in the arctic will tell you, after days at -20-30c it's really like sand, you can sometimes drive a car on it. It destroys snow-blowers unless they're the industrial type for which sheet-metal is at least 1/2" thick :)

/ Snow PUMP
I have this project and am starting to get dizzy trying to keep up with all the different threads on different forums according to the subsystem involved. I will attempt to concentrate the general topic to this appropriate forum.

The initial project now serving it's 8th season:
Deutz powered JD Snow Blower from **** 29 - YouTube

The next "wide-open" upgrade in the oven, for now just a doodle-sheet: (obsolete link pulled)

I've already sprayed articles into 2 other forums about it, for those who might wanna get spooled up. The general objective is to blow snow at a higher speed and farther, much higher and much farther, to leave power-margin for tons of soaking wet slush.

Phase-II is now complete, with the added Cummins engine and necessary mods done, shakedown complete. It's been an interesting project 'extension' involving many *priceless discussions*, thank you all sincerely! Due to my age Phase-III is not likely now, in a few years, God willing for me to be still around, I will probably have to retreat to a conventional tractor & snow-blower :)

Snow-Blower from Hell v-219 - YouTube

/ Snow PUMP #207  
I don't think there was enough snow to really test that setup! I didn't even see any coal rolling. That's such a sweet setup though. Awesome job!