Loader Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments?

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #61  
Crawled under many a one. Just for reference, I'm 20 miles from Florence, SC. I'm working in the Wilmington, NC area for the next couple of weeks.

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #62  
Just look how many threads about bent SSQA frames there is on this forum alone, let alone all the others. Most of them caused by on side of the attachment popping out because.

The Euro quick attach provides a positive lock. Pin slides into the holes on the attachment with long and strong hooks on top. It just won't come out.

I'm sure SSQA is fine but I wouldn't trust it a single bit.
The Euro quick hitch are nice and for heavy equipment the way to go.

But for compact tractors and skid loaders the SSQA works just fine.
I put 500+ hours a year on a skid loader every year for decades and have never twisted a SSQA and switch attachments multiple times a day.
I've had a SSQA on my compact tractor for 23 years and I can tell you once I lock my bucket, forks, snowplow, etc. down (its adjusted properly) my attachments are NOT coming off

Last edited:
   / Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #63  
Just look how many threads about bent SSQA frames there is on this forum alone, let alone all the others. Most of them caused by on side of the attachment popping out because.

The Euro quick attach provides a positive lock. Pin slides into the holes on the attachment with long and strong hooks on top. It just won't come out.

I'm sure SSQA is fine but I wouldn't trust it a single bit.

Tractor loaders are delicate in general. It’s common for SSQA couplers on small tractor to have just a 1” or so pipe linking them together. Larger tractors might have a 2.5” tube linking them. Actual skid steer couplers are boxed all the way across and the arms are also more more rigidly braced. Bending one by accident would be extremely difficult. Skid steers also frequently have powered pins which basically eliminates them coming unhooked accidentally. The attachment or the pins would have to be severely worn for that to happen unlike the manual levers that get unlatched all the time. I’m not disputing the global attachments superiority but the wide spread use of SSQA makes it hard to give up.

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #64  
Skid steers also frequently have powered pins which basically eliminates them coming unhooked accidentally. The attachment or the pins would have to be severely worn for that to happen unlike the manual levers that get unlatched all the time.
I added a powered hydraulic cylinder to the SSQA on my tractor latches so I don't need to get out of the seat to change attachments.
Once locked down they are not coming off..