Loader Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments?

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #1  

Sid Post

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey 5711D, Kubota L4600, Kubota B2601
I'm looking at loaders for a 70~90Hp tractor. Different strong opinions suggest one is drastically better than the other?

I see Euro loaders being more frequently found on big tractors and large buckets. I assume this is an artifact of the bucket widths more than anything.

Is the Euro bucket mount really a lot stronger or better than a Skid Steer? Modern Skid Steers have some lift capacities that are astounding so, I'm wondering if I should deal with a Euro to Skid Steer converter for the items I already have, with the pallet forks being the only one I wouldn't be able to convert to Euro without excessive cost or effort.

TIA,
Sid

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #2  
I would bet SS attachments are a lot easier to find and just as strong as Euro.

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #3  
No experience with Euro Mount.

My 6" wide 1 cubic yard bucket is SSQA:

P1070005.JPG
P3180020 Bkt c.jpg

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #4  
I’ve got euro (ALO). I can’t say if it’s stronger, but being the only guy in town means no one can borrow my stuff. But that also means I can’t borrow theirs! I though about making an adapter but it’s just not worth the effort at the moment. Until I need my buddies 30” auger....

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #5  
Euro is used on the largest farm tractors....not skidsteer, that should tell you what is strongest.

Locally anything over a Compact will have Euro/Global. I've rarely seen a utility size with a skidsteer coupler.

Euro normally one lever instead of two and generally auto latching (roll bucket back to trip latch)

I have Euro and love it, I've used skidsteer (on a skidsteer) and an OEM NH coupler that is like skidsteer and the engagement pins are the weak link. I've had bucket pop off skidsteer loader.

Euro is positive latch. I've never lost an attachment. When those pins go it, they are locked on.

You can get euro pallet forks, should be easy to trade skidsteer ones for a Euro set. Adaptor would work for lesser used items.

Your $$$ and what is available to you should be your best guide. Here I can get both Euro and Skidsteer attachments in stock at most dealers.

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #6  
Euro is used on the largest farm tractors....not skidsteer, that should tell you what is strongest.

Locally anything over a Compact will have Euro/Global. I've rarely seen a utility size with a skidsteer coupler.

Euro normally one lever instead of two and generally auto latching (roll bucket back to trip latch)

I have Euro and love it, I've used skidsteer (on a skidsteer) and an OEM NH coupler that is like skidsteer and the engagement pins are the weak link. I've had bucket pop off skidsteer loader.

Euro is positive latch. I've never lost an attachment. When those pins go it, they are locked on.

You can get euro pallet forks, should be easy to trade skidsteer ones for a Euro set. Adaptor would work for lesser used items.

Your $$$ and what is available to you should be your best guide. Here I can get both Euro and Skidsteer attachments in stock at most dealers.

I second this 110%.

Great post with a great explanation of the Euro style.

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #7  
This is from the standard:

1. Scope —This SAE Standard sets forth standard dimension requirements for the
loader attachment bracket and attachment interface to allow interchangeability of
attachments on skid steer loaders whose operating mass (see SAE J/ISO 6165) is
4,500 kg or less.

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #8  

I find Euro attachments easier to align and attach when visibility is poor.

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #9  
Another vote for euro hitch. I have tractors with both the euro and the skid steer. It is far easier to line up a euro connection than a skid steer and as others have said it is a positive latch. W Jones

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments?
Around where I live, I don't see Euro mount loader attachments. Skid Steer stuff is plentiful and generally reasonably cheap with good quality.

I totally agree with Skid Steer attachment issues and being a bit difficult. With my tractor and something on the ground, the approach is blind for me so, I generally get close and then end up 'manhandling it'. The Euro to Skid Steer conversion mount from John Deere runs ~$750 so, that would go a long way to 'upgrading' my pallet forks.

The bucket is a non-issue because the old tractor will have its bucket married to the loader and the new tractor with the new loader will have its own bucket. Anything I add at this point could go either way but, Euro mounts seem to cost more in general but they are generally built for higher capacity tractor loaders too.