Loader Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments?

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #21  
I prefer Euro, but both my 130HP Kubotas came with loaders with SSQA.
The strength advantage with Euro is nice, but Ive never had an issue with an SSQA component failure. I have lifted hay bales heavy enough (flooded with water) to bend the spears, but the SSQA plate held.
I have an 8 foot high capacity loader bucket I fill with wet mushroom soil hundreds of times per year and nothing has broken.....yet.
What I like best about SSQA isnt the strength-its adequate, but the availability of attachments, especially used attachments. They outnumber used euro attachments 100 to 1 in my area.
If my tractors would have had Euro, I probably would have been happier, but I do like the commonality and interchangeability with skid steer attachments

Attachments

• F9984EBD-2BAD-4DDD-8749-20C538C3CF58.png
    F9984EBD-2BAD-4DDD-8749-20C538C3CF58.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 118
   / Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #22  
I'd prefer the euro style over SSQA but in NA attachments will be more expensive and harder to find.

Beta vs VHS

For farm tractor use skidsteer would be Beta, at least in this end of Canada.

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments?
Euro is far better no doubt about that but no tractor will out muscle a 100 HP tracked skid steer.

That's the dumbest thing I've read in i don't know how long. You do understand they're hanging loaders on tractors with 2-3 times that hp and 4-6 times the weight, right?

For their size and Hp, a tracked Skid Steer is an awesome tool and a lot different than a ~100Hp tractor. Comparing the two is a bit of an apple to a mushroom comparison.

That vast majority of 100Hp and under tractors sold cannot outlift a modern tracked "super: skid steer. However, a ~9K pound ~95Hp tracked skid steer is a really different beast.

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #24  
This claims to be the biggest tractor loader in the world which is in line with the biggest I致e seen which claims 7,000 pound lift capacity which is in line with the biggest CTLs. Considering the skid is 1/4 the machine size I壇 call that a win for the skid. STOLL FZ 100 ? The biggest front loader in the world (EN) - YouTube

I will agree a CTL would outwork & outmaneuver that tractor in tight areas and precise work at CTL heights, but as you said farm loaders are meant for loading and moving hay and silage,

As far as out muscling:

The FZ100 can lift 7716lbs 16 feet in the air. Can a CTL even lift that high? Wonder what that loader is rated to lift at max height of a CTL.

The Case IH Magnum 340 is 340 engine HP and 36,000lb unballasted. I'd bet that combo could push a CTL around, barring that, bet it could lift the CTL clear of the ground and carry it elsewhere. CTL won't be doing the same to the tractor.

Talking about loaders on >150HP tractors that weigh upwards of ~28K pounds really isn't applicable, is it?

I seriously doubt Euro vs. SSQA loader mounts are an issue with a tractor and loader combination costing in excess of $100K or $200K. The extra cost of pallet forks for Euro is likely irrelevant too.

I will agree a CTL would outwork & outmaneuver that tractor in tight areas and precise work at CTL heights, but as you said farm loaders are meant for loading and moving hay and silage,

As far as out muscling:

The FZ100 can lift 7716lbs 16 feet in the air. Can a CTL even lift that high? Wonder what that loader is rated to lift at max height of a CTL.

The Case IH Magnum 340 is 340 engine HP and 36,000lb unballasted. I'd bet that combo could push a CTL around, barring that, bet it could lift the CTL clear of the ground and carry it elsewhere. CTL won't be doing the same to the tractor.

At what point do Track Loaders enter the pictures?
Track Loaders | Cat | Caterpillar

The 953K is only 150Hp. :thumbsup:

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #27  

As far as out muscling:

The biggest compact track loaders are around 12,000 pounds so I really doubt it’s going to pick it up and move it. And the skid is rated around 9500 pound tip load and the hydraulics easily tip it so I’m betting the hydraulic strength is pretty similar. Personally if the skid steer proved inadequate for my needs I’d buy a full size track loader or wheel loader. A 36,000 pound tractor with a loader that only lifts 7500 pounds is a ridiculously clumsy combination. That cat 953 loader previously listed weighs 33,000 pounds which is a good bit less than the tractor but has a 2.5 yard bucket and a 19,000 pound tipping load. Do you want to make bets on the winner of that combination? BTW tractor loaders and industrial equipment have different ratings. Tractor loaders are rated at the most they can do where industrial loaders are rated at 1/2 or 1/3 so tipping load is the most accurate comparison.

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #28  
The biggest compact track loaders are around 12,000 pounds so I really doubt it’s going to pick it up and move it. And the skid is rated around 9500 pound tip load and the hydraulics easily tip it so I’m betting the hydraulic strength is pretty similar. Personally if the skid steer proved inadequate for my needs I’d buy a full size track loader or wheel loader. A 36,000 pound tractor with a loader that only lifts 7500 pounds is a ridiculously clumsy combination. That cat 953 loader previously listed weighs 33,000 pounds which is a good bit less than the tractor but has a 2.5 yard bucket and a 19,000 pound tipping load. Do you want to make bets on the winner of that combination? BTW tractor loaders and industrial equipment have different ratings. Tractor loaders are rated at the most they can do where industrial loaders are rated at 1/2 or 1/3 so tipping load is the most accurate comparison.

I never claimed a farm loader could best an industrial track loader or wheel loader (which don't have a skidsteer or euro coupler in any case) for lift capacity, durability or rate of work.

If I wanted a dedicated loader, a farm tractor would not be first choice. Same as a CTL, tracked loader or wheel loader would not be the first choice for field work.

no tractor will out muscle a 100 HP tracked skid steer.

Yes, there are some that can, but not all will.

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #29  
Talking about loaders on >150HP tractors that weigh upwards of ~28K pounds really isn't applicable, is it?

I seriously doubt Euro vs. SSQA loader mounts are an issue with a tractor and loader combination costing in excess of $100K or $200K. The extra cost of pallet forks for Euro is likely irrelevant too.

The relevance applies to offhand claims made that do not reflect reality when applied to available facts.
This tangent is not particularly relevant to the SSQA/Euro discussion.

/ Skid Steer or Euro loader attachments? #30  
For this SSQA/Euro discussion, it comes down to the strength of the hardware on the tractor.

This is the SSQA on my V417 that will lift over 6,000 pounds:

P6230019.JPG
P6230043.JPG

And the SSQA of a tractor:
B2366.jpg
WRL-APUM-2Tm.jpg

Last edited: