Shopping for tractor

/ Shopping for tractor #1  

BruceS_55

Bronze Member
Tractor
RK25
I looked at a Branson (TYM) 2515H today. It looks like a nice tractor. Do any owners have anything good or bad to say about it? I am waiting to close on our land purchase to buy. I plan to get a 5 ft rotary cutter, 5 ft box blade, and 42” pallet forks for now.

/ Shopping for tractor #2  
No specific thoughts, just wanted to make sure that you know that with only 19hp at the PTO, it might struggle some with a 5ft rotary cutter. I'm not saying it won't cut, but it will probably bog down a lot easier than you might expect.

/ Shopping for tractor #3  
The specs on that tractor and it's weight make it stand out for sure!
I have an LS 25 hp tractor with 19.5 pto HP. I run a 6' finish mower on it no problem at all! I have borrowed my neighbor's 6' brush mower and it ran that too without difficulties.
You can also post in the Branson tractor forum here.... you may get more specific answers from actual owners.

/ Shopping for tractor #4  
The 2515H is a very nice tractor. Without knowing how much land and what you are going to do with the tractor, it is difficult to make any suggestions. I like my 4815C a lot. It is the same frame as the one you are looking at with a 48HP engine.

/ Shopping for tractor #5  
I looked at a Branson (TYM) 2515H today. It looks like a nice tractor. Do any owners have anything good or bad to say about it? I am waiting to close on our land purchase to buy. I plan to get a 5 ft rotary cutter, 5 ft box blade, and 42” pallet forks for now.

Pretty standard advice without any specifics is 5Hp on the PTO per foot for rotary butter (AKA brush hog).

The TYM T494 and T574 are a lot of tractor for most small acreages and I personally find them a much better value than Kubota today. The Massey 2850M is a bit more expensive and is a nicer tractor IMHO which is a close competitor to the TYM options. The Massey 2850M also has 0% financing and Agco Finance is easy to work with too!

I am super tempted by the TYM tractors but, after looking closely at the Massey's (with their Iseki connection), I think the minor price premium offers a lot of value. Agco Finance will be a really great option for many new owners as well.

I say this currently owning two Kubota's and waiting on a new Massey to be delivered (was supposed to be on the lot Thursday but, got hung up during shipping). My Kubota L-4600 is going to get replaced by either a Massey or TYM at some point in the not so distant future after the new Massey is used a bit to make sure I know what I need to complement it.