Shipping Containers

/ Shipping Containers
Came in this afternoon, this one is a little rougher than the first one I got, but it was cheaper so I guess that makes sense...this was $28** delivered, shorter was $3009. Both came from NJ/NY area. Will powerwash and paint this week/early next.

Can get in and out of it on either side, but a little tight, can't fully open doors. Tractor is about 90 inches tall and 64-66 ish wide. I will have to double check and make sure antenna doesn't hit ceiling as well.

Pics are all different angles?? Not sure what does this?
58733783945__203F9786-9600-4CA5-B86C-964DE0F37F41.jpg
58733800482__00DAB84B-AC17-49BA-8227-EBDF65A44F5C (1).jpg
58733855633__43AAD5FE-2858-4562-9FCD-7F249A1485F4.jpg

/ Shipping Containers #32  
Came in this afternoon, this one is a little rougher than the first one I got, but it was cheaper so I guess that makes sense...this was $28** delivered, shorter was $3009. Both came from NJ/NY area. Will powerwash and paint this week/early next.

Can get in and out of it on either side, but a little tight, can't fully open doors. Tractor is about 90 inches tall and 64-66 ish wide. I will have to double check and make sure antenna doesn't hit ceiling as well.

Pics are all different angles?? Not sure what does this?
View attachment 616828
View attachment 616829
View attachment 616830

How wide and tall is the opening?

/ Shipping Containers #33  
I back my tractor in the container just in case the battery dies. Don’t ask how I know but it’s a pain to jump start when backed in.

/ Shipping Containers
107H x 92W

/ Shipping Containers
I back my tractor in the container just in case the battery dies. Don’t ask how I know but it’s a pain to jump start when backed in.

Good tip, thanks!

@4570MAN you are welcome!

/ Shipping Containers
for $3000 one can build a nice all weather shed

And get permits, drawings and have to set up a nice slab if you want it to last, or AT LEAST a prepped gravel pad. Then you are stuck with a shed you didn't want long term, while other people just sell their containers for similar what they paid and move on.

Also, how big of a shed can you build for that budget? I would love to see what your 3k shed you built that is stronger, longer lasting and similar sized as these containers.

/ Shipping Containers #38  
Also, how big of a shed can you build for that budget? I would love to see what your 3k shed you built that is stronger, longer lasting and similar sized as these containers.

Not so much of one. This one cost me $4,600 in 2006, and I did all the work on it except pouring the slab. That cost me $900 for materials and labor, so even without that it was over $3,000.

shed-2.gif

/ Shipping Containers #39  
I bought a 40' HC container in the spring of 2018. I was supposed to pay the guy $2500, but when it got there the container was the roughest most ragged container I had ever seen. I was torn, part of me wanted to send the container back but I had taken a day off of work, I had been waiting 2 weeks for it and I needed it to get started on my project. Last thing I wanted to do was start from square one. So the driver (who was not the seller)told me that if I let him drop the container I could haggle with the seller because he would lose his ***** if a driver had to come back up from ATL to get it. He ended up coming right at me with a new price of $1700. I thought that was a very fair offer so I didn't haggle any further. I figured after I got done cutting in doors and windows, building a roof over it and painting (all things I was going to do with a $2500 container anyways) the ugly would be less obvious. So I saved $700 for all the improvements. I would love to buy a new one but they have gone up in price over the last couple of years. I think with these new tariffs they might continue to rise as trade with China slows, but then again maybe there will be a bunch stuck over here and prices will drop, hard to say. SO many different factors come into play on the prices of these things. But if prices drop a bit I could see myself getting another one.

/ Shipping Containers
Not so much of one. This one cost me $4,600 in 2006, and I did all the work on it except pouring the slab. That cost me $900 for materials and labor, so even without that it was over $3,000.

View attachment 616893

That's a pretty nice shed though! But yes, they can add up fast, especially with a slab. And if a guy doesn't have the time or the skills, labor will be a few grand as well.

Shipping containers aren't the prettiest, but with some paint don't look half bad, and they are way cheaper than any other option. My plan is to eventually build a nice heated garage for my tractor and toys, but I'm a ways away from that, so it's shipping containers for me!