Shipping container with side doors for storage

/ Shipping container with side doors for storage #51  
I need it cooled for using it as a shop. Will also provide some dehumidification, tho in my experience mini-splits are not great at that so I might get a small dehumidifier.
I have a 40ft double door container i made into my temporary shop while i build out my new shop/property. I pressure washed it inside and out and painted it inside and out. White inside and a greenish/brown outside to blend into the woods better than the original off white. I installed a 100amp panel and piped in lights and receptacles.

I welded a 2" flat bar down the center to hang lights and things from without screwing through the roof, but ended up using magnets with hooks to hang the lights from so its easy to adjust or move if needed. I installed a 12k BTU Pioneer mini split (i had planned on spray foaming) and it keeps the humidity perfect (35-45%) for all my tools, lathe and Bridgeport. It still gets hot in the summer (100ish degrees) if the sun hits it when overhead, even with the AC, as its just a giant metal heat sink, but i threw some foil backed foam boards on the roof weighted down and camo netting over it to help shade and hide the temporary insulation fix :), otherwise without that, its 150ish.... if i had known i wasn't going to insulate it, i would have gone bigger with the HVAC to compensate for the additional heat load.... but its all just a temporary setup anyway.

The mini split keeps it ok temp wise in there when its really hot outside, but the humidity reduction is the main plus, especially here in Arkansas. Just the other day it was 89 outside with 62% humidity and it was 84 inside with 32% humidity, but it felt like 20 degrees cooler walking into it. (Unit was set to 80)
Here are some pics of the install and today's temps/humidity inside and out. I welded uni-strut on the top edge to mount the condenser on for vibration isolation and pipe clamping. I have since painted it all to match the container.

i'm building a pole barn to house all my equipment and attachments.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 48
  • container inside wiring.jpg
    container inside wiring.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 51
  • Container Mini-Split.jpg
    Container Mini-Split.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 50