RX7320 3rd Function

/ RX7320 3rd Function #1  

cutthroat

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti RX7320PSC
so was at national farm show this last week and talked to Kioti reps. They mentioned that kioti now has a factory 3rd function kit available. does anyone have this or know more about it? pics would be awesome.

thanks

craig

/ RX7320 3rd Function #2  
I was there and also talked to them about the 3rd function for my nx6010. Would love to see some pics of one installed. Sounded better than the other aftermarket options but they didn’t have it on any of the tractors at the show.

/ RX7320 3rd Function
Well I pulled the trigger on a Rx7320 Power shuttle Cab on Friday. Brand new coming from depot. Will be three weeks. I ordered it with the factory 3rd function. This will be the first factory 3rd function for my dealer as well. I will post pics once I get it.

-Craig

/ RX7320 3rd Function #4  
Well I pulled the trigger on a Rx7320 Power shuttle Cab on Friday. Brand new coming from depot. Will be three weeks. I ordered it with the factory 3rd function. This will be the first factory 3rd function for my dealer as well. I will post pics once I get it.

-Craig

Craig-

Congrats on your new tractor. I hope by now it has arrived. How's the 3rd function working out? I ask because I've got the same machine and I'm looking for a 3rd function option. Dealer quoted be $825 for the Kioti kit. Install would be extra but I'd consider doing that myself. I haven't seen or heard about anyone with the Kioti manufactured kit on this machine. I'm curious. How's it work? How's it look? Any issues? Any photos?

Thanks and congrats again on your machine.

/ RX7320 3rd Function
Not here yet. Was told it would take three weeks. I'm guessing it is coming from North Carolina. Yes that $825 price was about the same price I was quoted. Can't recall exact price but remember it being in low $800's.

/ RX7320 3rd Function #6  
Ah, I missed the date that you ordered. I hope it arrives soon and that's it's everything you're expecting. Mine has been a fine machine. I am curious about the way the Kioti 3rd function is setup. If you'd be willing to share some photos of the machine and 3rd function setup I'd be very grateful. Thanks

/ RX7320 3rd Function #7  
I've had the Kioti 3rd function kit on my NX6010 HST for about 5 months now. Aside from a loose factory connection in the box that kept blowing fuses, it works good for me.
I really have nothing (no experience) to compare it to, but I like the two separate buttons on the control knob.
I think it cost me around $1100 for the kit and installation by the local Kioti dealer.

/ RX7320 3rd Function #8  
Have factory Kioti 3rd function on my NX as well. It's comfortable and easy to use no doubt. Operates with index and middle finger.

IMO it's not as comfortable as John Deere 3rd function, but that's due to myself having years of using JD tractor with a thumb operated 3rd function. The JD loader lever just fits my hand better than the round knob style of Kioti.

The only downside of the Kioti 3rd function is when using a grapple it's extremely slow to open/close the grapple and raise/dump the bucket. It'll do it, just not fast at all.

This is not an issue with the JD my dad has. Honestly have no idea why it's different between the two. I've never looked to see if the JD is a true 3rd function versus a diverter on my Kioti. It's just not a huge deal to me, to get used to how each functions quickly.

/ RX7320 3rd Function
I'm confused, I thought the Kioti factory third function is a true third function not a diverter. I was under the impression a diverter solution has a on/off switch, and uses a standard loader handle 4 way (up, down, curl, dump). Where a true 3rd function has the two additional buttons to control open/close of the 3rd set of valves. This also means you can control all 6 functions at once (up, down, curl, dump, open, close).

-Craig

/ RX7320 3rd Function #10  
I'm confused, I thought the Kioti factory third function is a true third function not a diverter. I was under the impression a diverter solution has a on/off switch, and uses a standard loader handle 4 way (up, down, curl, dump). Where a true 3rd function has the two additional buttons to control open/close of the 3rd set of valves. This also means you can control all 6 functions at once (up, down, curl, dump, open, close).

-Craig

Craig,

You can control all (6) functions at once....it's just slow to do the second input-ed function. If you start opening the grapple THEN dump the grapple, the dump is way slower than normal. Or if you start dumping, THEN open grapple, the opening takes way longer. There is no 'fast' dump AND curl. Could very be that I don't run the tractor at 2400 rpm and it's just not producing the flow rate that it needs.

This lame arse winter we've had here in IN hasn't allowed me much time to get out and about with the tractor for woods cleanup. It's been wayyyy to wet and muddy vs snow and frozen ground. If I remember to tonight, I'll look through the manual that came with the 3rd function to see if it does state it's a true 3rd function vs diverter. But I agree with you that I think it was stated to be a true 3rd function. At least that's how it was made out when I discussed it with the dealer last fall.