RK55HC ordered!

/ RK55HC ordered!
Heading to the house! 20181101_144606.jpeg

/ RK55HC ordered! #22  
I noticed they promoted his You Tube channel. So when you have a hot wife an do some YouTube reviews you get free tractors? Must be nice on both accounts!

You noticed his wife as well ! He did a episode on how RK came to him for the tractors and attachments. Wonder after 3 years if he gets to buy them at a reduced cost ! They seem to be good tractors.

/ RK55HC ordered! #24  
If you ever want the top and tilt hydraulic links I recommend against a QH. You wont be able to easily use them together.[snip]

Jchonline, I have top and tilt on two of my tractors, with Harbor Freight QHs, and this certainly hasn't been my experience. :confused3: Could you expand on this?

/ RK55HC ordered! #25  
Jchonline, I have top and tilt on two of my tractors, with Harbor Freight QHs, and this certainly hasn't been my experience. :confused3: Could you expand on this?

I think he is saying that you won't use the extendable links if you have a quick hitch. As you are saying, there's is no problem using the top & tilt set with the full 3pt quick hitch, any quick hitch for that matter. ;)

/ RK55HC ordered!
Looks good! Figured yours must be right behind mine, I think we ordered about the same time. Looking forward to more pics.
Thanks! I will take more Saturday. Unfortunately I have to keep it at my parents property for the time being, and I'm on duty tomorrow, but Saturday I have to figure how how im going to haul it with my dump trailer. By the way, I was beyond surprised how easy the whole buying process was. Probably one of the easiest transactions I have made yet. Can't wait to really get some seat time in!

/ RK55HC ordered! #27  
Polkchop, I belive that the RK55 uses the Cat II hitch so there shouldn't be any issue. I bought the $89 Cat I for my RK37 and as kkilli said, it just doesn't work. They sent someone from the store to try getting it to work and after a couple hours gave up and told me I could return it. The bushing on the rotary cutter is just too large in diameter to fit in the hook plus the frame of the cutter hits the bolts that attaches the hook to the quick hitch. I decided to keep the hitch and do some modifications to get it to work. I finally got a smaller bushing for the cutter and that worked but still a close tolerance between the frame and the mounting bolts. I finally found a new hook on Amazon that addresses the problem by the hook opening being larger so that the original cutter bushing will fit down in it and the mounting bolt area of the hook is beefier and drilled to give more space between the cutter frame and hook bolts.

View attachment 576925

Notice the built up area at the back of the hook. The mounting holes are drilled in that area pushing the hook out away from the frame about 3/8 inch. This is the only hook I found that has that.......Don

Here's another source for that extended top hook for $16.95. https://qualityfarmsupply.com/product/HITCH-ampersand-LINKAGE/QUICK-HITCHES/Quick-Hitch-Repair-Parts/873-dash-HF141137 I have one for each of my three HF QHs. They are described as for cat I, but I see no reason they wouldn't work on a cat II quick hitch as well, so long as the OEM top hook is the same. The techs at Quality Farm Supplies would probably know.

/ RK55HC ordered!
So I did a little playing around with the tractor today, and I have to say I'm in love! Got the back up alarm disconnected and put the the bracing together on the brush cutter. Now just have to put the PTO shaft on it tomorrow. Best part is it fits in my dump trailer like a glove! Hopefully get to knock out my first job week after next!20181103_113914.jpegIMG_20181103_183538_659.jpeg20181103_121538.jpeg

/ RK55HC ordered! #29  

I’m with you. I have Top n Tilt and a quick hitch and it’s the best thing ever invented for a tractor! No matter how an implied settles I can always align it and pick it up without ever leaving the seat.

I do have to get out to throw the levers on the QH but there’s no manually extending arms, messing with pins etc. Everything I own that doesn’t hook to the drawbar is QH compatible. You do have to be able to back up straight though........:laughing: