RK55HC ordered!

/ RK55HC ordered! #11  
Polkchop, I belive that the RK55 uses the Cat II hitch so there shouldn't be any issue. I bought the $89 Cat I for my RK37 and as kkilli said, it just doesn't work. They sent someone from the store to try getting it to work and after a couple hours gave up and told me I could return it. The bushing on the rotary cutter is just too large in diameter to fit in the hook plus the frame of the cutter hits the bolts that attaches the hook to the quick hitch. I decided to keep the hitch and do some modifications to get it to work. I finally got a smaller bushing for the cutter and that worked but still a close tolerance between the frame and the mounting bolts. I finally found a new hook on Amazon that addresses the problem by the hook opening being larger so that the original cutter bushing will fit down in it and the mounting bolt area of the hook is beefier and drilled to give more space between the cutter frame and hook bolts.

hook.PNG

Notice the built up area at the back of the hook. The mounting holes are drilled in that area pushing the hook out away from the frame about 3/8 inch. This is the only hook I found that has that.......Don

/ RK55HC ordered! #12  
Cat I hitch with telescoping hitch arms.

/ RK55HC ordered!
Thanks for the replies I am going to give the whole telescoping 3 point arms a try and see how it works out for me. I've never operated a tractor with them only fixed links so maybe it will be a piece of cake compared to an old 8n lol.

/ RK55HC ordered! #14  
Congrats on the new purchase. I am sure you will love it!

/ RK55HC ordered! #15  
So on a side note, has anyone used the quick hitch rural king offers? Are there any drawbacks to using a quick hitch? I have ran tractors in the past, and know how frustrating it can be to try to line up implements by yourself, and was thinking about picking one up when I receive the tractor.

If you ever want the top and tilt hydraulic links I recommend against a QH. You wont be able to easily use them together. The TnT allows you to easily adjust the links anyway, so a QH really isnt needed with it.

/ RK55HC ordered! #16  
Congrats on your new tractor ! If you want to see the RK tractors in use go to You Tube and watch "Outdoors with the Morgans". RK gave him 3 tractors and attachments to use for 3 years. It will give you a good idea what you can do with the RK tractors.

/ RK55HC ordered! #17  
Congrats on your new tractor ! If you want to see the RK tractors in use go to You Tube and watch "Outdoors with the Morgans". RK gave him 3 tractors and attachments to use for 3 years. It will give you a good idea what you can do with the RK tractors.

I noticed they promoted his You Tube channel. So when you have a hot wife an do some YouTube reviews you get free tractors? Must be nice on both accounts!

/ RK55HC ordered! #18  
That's cool........ You'll love it. Bet the excitement is building. What store did you get it from? I bought the RK37HC at Lake Wales the end of July or first of August and absolutely love it. Yesterday morning I was doing a little mowing and told my wife I wish I had gone with the 72" rotary cutter rather than the 60". I might sell the 60" at a great price and then pick up a 72". You'll find yourself spending a lot of time on this website too. Kind of addicting....

Don

If you are referring to a brush mower I think one that best matces the width of the tractor would be the best choice if you plan to mow in a wooded environment.

On finish mowers wider might be better for open field mowing. I pull a 72 inch finish mower with 19 pto hp with no problems.