RK 37 check engine light

/ RK 37 check engine light #1  

c Anna bis

Tractor
RK 37 HST
Well check engine light came on about 20 seconds after starting. Then it went to limp mode and would not rev beyond 2 grand.started with fuel system, water separator in front of radiator, has a red disk that floats on water, if it is not on the bottom drain your strainer. Secondly the main fuel filter located to the left, is a spin on that cost $100, remove it and flush with diesel and blow out with air. Baldwin makes a replacement for $30 (BF 9910). Check your 3 hoses that come off the top of the filter housing. Trace each one and check connections. The one marked return, runs along right side of frame and goes to top of tank below cap on left side. On my machine I could not blow air through this line, it separates on the right side just behind the loader arm . There are two hose clamps connecting the rubber hoses together. I then discovered the hose had became lodged between the ROPS unit and the left rear fender. This was not allowing the fuel to return and causing the limp mode condition. Relocated it and added a zip tie. Machine revs properly and engine light went out. Keep an eye on diesel fuel as it can grow a brown sludge algae in it and you should add a good additive occasionally. I get mine at rural king, call clear diesel, specifically states that it clears up water and slime. Good luck.