RK 37 check engine light on at 167 hours

/ RK 37 check engine light on at 167 hours #1  

B Wiley

Tractor
RK 37
2017 RK 37 wouldn't turn over 3 days ago.
Instrument panel showing check engine light.
Battery ok.
Gave up and next day it started but the start switch doesn't feel right. Have a check engine light and seems to run normally.
Haven't done a regeneration since 60 hours and have 167, so tried to regen.
Regeneration button doesn't do anything.
But it's running.
Have a call coming from RK via the Lake Wales RK mechanic but that was 2 days ago.
Anyone having starting issues not battery related or a reason for the check engine light?

/ RK 37 check engine light on at 167 hours #2  
DPF shouldn’t cause it not to turn over. It could derate power due to the ECM, but it should have turned over.

/ RK 37 check engine light on at 167 hours
Turned the starter switch and instrument panel flashed on but only heard clicking.
Next day it started, but check engine light on, runs ok.
Can I clear the light by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery?

/ RK 37 check engine light on at 167 hours #4  
Clover is correct that the DPF shouldn't affect if the tractor turns over or not. You said the battery is good but are you sure? What about battery cable connections at the battery and at the starter/tractor frame? Not sure about if disconnecting the battery will reset the check engine light but can't hurt anything to try. I was at the Lake Wales store yesterday afternoon and if I had read this before hand I could've see if I could have talked with someone. Dan, the lead tractor guy when I bought mine in 2018 left quite a while back to move back home to Michigan I believe. He was my go to guy. Not sure who is in charge now. Good luck...........

/ RK 37 check engine light on at 167 hours
I did call them.
They said a factory rep would call back.
That was a few days ago.

/ RK 37 check engine light on at 167 hours #6  
Do have just the check engine light or the regen symbol too like mentioned in a couple other posts?

/ RK 37 check engine light on at 167 hours #7  
Turned the starter switch and instrument panel flashed on but only heard clicking.
Next day it started, but check engine light on, runs ok.
Can I clear the light by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery?
Maybe it would be a good time to disconnect the battery, check the connections, reinstall the cables. It kinda sounds like a bad battery connection.

/ RK 37 check engine light on at 167 hours #8  
Have you run a load test on battery, not just Checking voltage.

i have a midtronics unit i use myself, but a carbon pyle tester will work load battery to at least 50% of cold cranking amperage. Or pull battery and take to auto parts store and they will test it. Your battery is almost 6 years old…..