Made 14.5 at 1000 RPM

1712965601320.jpeg

Made 13.8 at 780 RPM
Made 13.4 at idle
Made 12.5 with key off

1712965719044.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Returning batteries for warranty claim #153  
I have a formerly really good Odyssey battery that I managed to let go 100% flat this winter. So, I'm now trying to revive it.

My "smart" charger started charging it at first, then eventually decided that it was a 6V battery, and stopped sending significant power to it.

I now have it both jumped to a good battery, and on the charger too. Hopefully not killing my battery that is actually good. But, so far it seems to indicate that it will probably take a full charge.

Anyway, it is a reminder that with deeply discharged batteries, that smart chargers can have unique reactions, not necessarily indicating they're actually very smart, and it is impossible to predict how the battery will take a charge based on the smart charger.
Not a bad idea, think I'll try the same deal as I have one that is dead as well or maybe I should hook it up to one of my DC welding machines and juice it with that??? Hawkers are expensive.

/ Returning batteries for warranty claim #154  
Some of the Smart Chargers can be tricked into charging a dead battery by disconnecting the vehicle ground cable and connect a old one foot length of battery cable to the ground post on the battery and then hook the ground from the charger to the end of the one foot cable and charge the battery.

/ Returning batteries for warranty claim
I’m surprised someone didn’t suggest the entire engine needed replacement :rolleyes:

LOL, but seriously, as always, I appreciate any and all suggestions. (y)

/ Returning batteries for warranty claim #158  
Depending on continued updates… too much invested now.

I think you will like Deka if they are similar to my older Deka battery.

Depending on continued updates… too much invested now.

I think you will like Deka if they are similar to my older Deka battery.

Deka is one of the last manufacturing companies left in Pennsylvania of any recognizable size (East Penn Manufacturing). Can you believe that? They aren’t even really that big

We had Bethlehem Steel, US Steel, Lukens Steel, Westinghouse, The Pennsylvania Railroad….all those legacy unforgettable names now just a memory….all made in China now.

Now PA’s 2 biggest employers are the Federal Government and health care systems.

Yippee!!!

/ Returning batteries for warranty claim #160