Replaced the outdated fuse panel in my YM2000 tonight

/ Replaced the outdated fuse panel in my YM2000 tonight #11  
Ahh so yours had tube fuses? Mine had the little foil yanmar obsolete fuses. If I had glass I too would leave it. Mine was hidden under the dash with a cover as well.

/ Replaced the outdated fuse panel in my YM2000 tonight #12  
My YM240 fuse panel was open and covered with years of crud. I destroyed the tiny bare wire fuses with the pressure washer before I recognized them. :mad:

My repair wasn't elegant but it got me running again the same afternoon and the panel has never needed attention again: I already had some glass tube fuse holders and the correct amperage fuses on hand so I installed these fuseholders across where the old fuses had been. "Good enough for the girls I go with", to quote an old Carpenter buddy. :D

Note I'm not recommending this method to anyone.

/ Replaced the outdated fuse panel in my YM2000 tonight
I still have the old OEM fuse block if anybody wants/needs it. I think it still has one or two good wire fuses in it.

Price is free you pay shipping.

td

/ Replaced the outdated fuse panel in my YM2000 tonight #14  
Ahh so yours had tube fuses? Mine had the little foil yanmar obsolete fuses. If I had glass I too would leave it. Mine was hidden under the dash with a cover as well.

yes , mie has the glass tune fuses. Never seen what you are talking about. Mine looks to be original

/ Replaced the outdated fuse panel in my YM2000 tonight
yes , mie has the glass tune fuses. Never seen what you are talking about. Mine looks to be original

Mine also had the obsolete foil fuses.

td

Last edited:
   / Replaced the outdated fuse panel in my YM2000 tonight #16  
I will go to my cabinet in a bit and pull the factory fuse block out.

/ Replaced the outdated fuse panel in my YM2000 tonight #17  
   / Replaced the outdated fuse panel in my YM2000 tonight #18  
Dang it , I forgot. Going out in the dark!

/ Replaced the outdated fuse panel in my YM2000 tonight #19  
I can't see how to add pics and I am on my phone and I just took them with my phone? Will bee later when I get on a computer when I post them. Slayer may have a pic or if you really have to see them PM me your cell# or an email address and I will send them to you. Ha!

/ Replaced the outdated fuse panel in my YM2000 tonight #20  
Purchased the fuse box conversion kit from Hoye.

FUSE BOX CONVERSION - CONVERT TO NORMAL BLADE FUSES!: Yanmar Tractor Parts

I was torn between it and the generic replacement for about 1/4 the cost from Amazon or Ebay.

I'm glad I purchased the kit from Hoye. It was direct fit and was shipped with clear instructions.

I had to remove the fuel tank but that wasn't that difficult.

td
can you post a copy of the clear instructions? thank you or send me a copy at rodneyvanalstine@yahoo.com.