YM2000 Rear Tires

/ YM2000 Rear Tires #1  

Hugh17

Tractor
Yanmar YM2000
I'm interested in what other owners have done when it's time to replace the rear wheels on their Yanmar YM2000 tractor. My tire size is 9.5/9-24. I think this is an antiquated size system and in today's language will be a 9.5"x24" tire.

A general search reveals that I purchase a Petlas TA 60 9.50-24 D Tire for $198.79 from Walmart and have it shipped at no charge to the local store. Tubes are roughly $30 each. I've never heard of this tire brand. Has anyone else used it?

Hoye Tractor Parts has a 9.5-24 LUG TIRE Code: H95-24R1 tire for $198, but there is an unknown shipping charge. Certainly a good option considering their support of the Yanmar brand.

I am interested as to what others have done to have the tires changed. I assume that local tires shops may change them, but so far have not contacted anyone. Links below for the sources mentioned above.

Walmart Link (I don't know why it changes to Robot or Human, but the link is safe. I've checked it out.)
Robot or human?

www.hoyetractor.com

9.5-24 LUG TIRE

Check out the deal on 9.5-24 LUG TIRE at Yanmar Tractor Parts
www.hoyetractor.com
www.hoyetractor.com

/ YM2000 Rear Tires #2  
Never heard of that brand. Familiar with - Goodyear, Firestone, Goodrich, Titan - etc. Likewise - I've never had to replace the rear tires. Front tires - yes. 27 years on my first tractor when traded in. Rear tires still in good shape. It has a lot to do with keeping the tractor and tires out of the sun when not in use.

Remember - if your tractor is 4WD it's important to get the correct sized rear tires.

/ YM2000 Rear Tires #3  
As oosik said, if its 4wd then you need to match the original circumference to avoid stress on the driveline.

If 2wd, then anything close should work fine.

See my sig photo below. A prior owner apparently got a great price on some takeoff Kubota rims with tires - that are a couple of sizes oversize. I've learned that while Kubota's rims have a universal bolt pattern, their centers won't fit Yanmar so those orange rims are on my Yanmar-USA original centers. This makes the tractor taller than I like but otherwise it works fine.

For my other tractor - YM186D - I found that a regional wholesaler of ag and semi tires had what I needed, so no shipping charge and he mounted them on the rims I carried in. If you're in agribusiness territory then this might be a source.

/ YM2000 Rear Tires #4  
I have a YM2210-BD so 4WD. My tractor sees limited use and lives in the garage which protects the tires from sun degradation. Still running the original Bridgestone rear "ricer" tires, they're pretty weather checked but hold air fine and have lots of tread. The fronts that were on it when i bought it were very worn and starting to loose a little air. I decided to purchase new fronts from Hoye and found that the recommended tires were a different size than the existing ones, Hoye said buy the size that they had listed so I did. I also bought their tubes. The new tires are an unknown brand from India and I haven't had any issues with them.

Yes, shipping was expensive even a few years ago, but didn't see much choice. I dismounted the tires myself using my arbor press to break the beads (the tires were really soft) because I wanted to derust and repaint the rims. I had them mounted by Les and figured since its an ag town they would get it done right. Mounting was fine but the cost seemed high since it was just assembling my parts on bare rims. There is a small independent tire shop in town that I'll talk to first if I ever need to do this again.

Regarding the 4WD tire sizing if applicable: Mine was always a little bound up when disengaging the 4WD on a hard surface with the old fronts and I didn't think much of it since those were the tires it came with and I never turned it when on a hard surface unless plowing snow on the road. Shifting in and out of 4WD is smooth with the new tires and I'm sure it's putting much less stress on the drivetrain.

/ YM2000 Rear Tires #5  
My Org. Ricer 9.5/9-24 Bridge.. 2016 Relined and Tubes. Not the first complaint!! 1000 Tach Hrs.. My stock # is 9LFR4 Tire Reliner,Tire...
9.5L15 Tire Guard for Front Tractor Tire
Serious cracking after putting a lot of Hrs. on it. Still have the same tires on it to the day!!

Attachments

• 000_0093.JPG
    000_0093.JPG
    592.8 KB · Views: 158

/ YM2000 Rear Tires #6  
I went with the Galaxy Earth Pro 45.
My tires gave out on the sidewalls. I replaced one about 4 years ago and am doing the other now. It seems like the price on these has doubled since I did the first one, but it still looks new and I wanted an 8 ply. Reviews on these are pretty good overall. I bought through Simple Tire, had delivered (free) to a local used tire shop to be mounted ( $20 cash ).

Last edited:
   / YM2000 Rear Tires #7  
My Org. Ricer 9.5/9-24 Bridge.. 2016 Relined and Tubes. Not the first complaint!! 1000 Tach Hrs.. My stock # is 9LFR4 Tire Reliner,Tire...
Serious cracking after putting a lot of Hrs. on it. Still have the same tires on it to the day!!

Attachments

• 000_0093.JPG
    000_0093.JPG
The problem with those recliners/boots is that there like 60-70% the cost of a new tire. I know they were cheaper when you purchased them, but in today's economy with today's prices I'm not sure that's a wise price. Seems like it's spending good money for bad.

/ YM2000 Rear Tires #8  
Just had the Yanmar out. Always ran 10-12 PSI.. After the couple months of sitting for the winter. Going through the fluids etc. I finally decided to air them up to 18psi. There Solid!!.. 15 yrs. 975Tach Hrs. Maybe 3/16 off the Tread wear if that. What they looked like when I bought it and now. My Rec. 127.18$ two liners. :cool: Not sure the availability of them anymore. Steve at spalding told me when I bought it what to do if cracks got worse.

Attachments

• Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 132
  • 5-3-23.JPG
    5-3-23.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 87
   / YM2000 Rear Tires #9  
Just had the Yanmar out. Always ran 10-12 PSI.. After the couple months of sitting for the winter. Going through the fluids etc. I finally decided to air them up to 18psi. There Solid!!.. 15 yrs. 975Tach Hrs. Maybe 3/16 off the Tread wear if that. What they looked like when I bought it and now. My Rec. 127.18$ two liners. :cool: Not sure the availability of them anymore. Steve at spalding told me when I bought it what to do if cracks got worse.
Yea at that price it makes sense. But today there $135 each. When new tires are $198 per this thread so I personally would buy new tires.

/ YM2000 Rear Tires #10  

Attachments

• 000_0093.JPG
    000_0093.JPG
It is amazing how those Japan ricer tires last. Fredricks does sell them both new and used should anyone need them. Ideally, these are for mucky fields and areas hard to travel over. One doesn't use them for turf grass mowing at all.