Quick Hitches Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks

/ Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks #1  

PikaPika

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L345 DT
I made at first my UNIVERSAL QH
It was suitable for standard cat1 and cat2 tools and for my not standard tractor tools
It works very well and I love it.
But it is complicated and heavy and most people do not like that.
PIKA.jpg

What to do next . I try now EURO HOOKS.
I welded Euro Hooks to my Kubota L345DT lower links.
I made then two rod links to the cabin from the lower hooks
and a car tow rope from the top link to the cabin.
IMG_20210912_172712.jpg

IMG_20210912_172630.jpg

Here is a spring inside the rope at hook end keeping it upright
and an other spring and chain keeping the top link lightweight to use.

I made same thinks for next to JD
IMG_20201129_131830.jpg

IMG_20201216_122159.jpg

IMG_20201216_122256.jpg

These ideas are suitable for small and big tractors and all cat three points and non standard attachments. I am near 83 years and can not do much more for your EURO HOOKS
Ask your tractor maker for EURO HOOKS!!!. They can do !!!!

Here is some videos of my works

Last edited:
   / Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks #3  
I'm sure glad my tractor came standard with the Euro hooks. Super easy to use, no modifications on the implements needed, no QH frame in the way, no broken bolts like the PATs and doesn't extend the arms any further. It's really a game changer.

Just back up to the implement, lift the arms and it's latched. Go hook up the PTO shaft or the hydraulic lines and finally attach the top link. Even easy if you also get the top link hook with it.

I also think a lot of the people have unrealistic expectations of hooking up implements without leaving the seat from those Quick hitches. These is always something to do on the implement, either hooking up hydraulic hoses or PTO shaft, adjusting something on the implement, lift the stand up, etc. So these are not really one of those "never leave the seat solutions".

While Pika's idea is definitely good and has it's merit, I don't think the Euro hooks need all that complexity and linkages prone to get bent. Like I said above, for one reason or another, there is always something to do on the implement that will make one having to come out of the tractor.

/ Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks #4  
Hooks are great.

/ Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks #5  
The pain of that setup is hooking up my toplink. It's also the same reason a QH is miles better than any of the other ideas, at least for me. With a QH you don't have a toplink to hook up. If I connect to something not QH compatible it takes me several tries to get the toplink pin aligned.

/ Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks #6  
Installed Euro hooks on my LS last year, they make hooking and unhooking much easier and safer.

/ Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks
The pain of that setup is hooking up my toplink. It's also the same reason a QH is miles better than any of the other ideas, at least for me. With a QH you don't have a toplink to hook up. If I connect to something not QH compatible it takes me several tries to get the toplink pin aligned.
Thank You workinonit and other writers
You can buy hydraulic top link. It is then easy to attach all your tools with QH or without it.
IMG_20210912_172630 (1).jpg

And use this kind of car try rope.
Put a spring abot 1 foot long and 1/2 inch dia inside the rope at tool end to keep rope upright.
Then you need a chain and bigger spring to make the top link floating and easy to lift to your tools upper pin.
This was for my Euro Hooks that I use from my tractors cabin, but i helps QH ,Pats and all other.
IMG_20231201_110710.jpg

To day it was nice to have quick hooks

/ Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks #8  
Thank You workinonit and other writers
You can buy hydraulic top link. It is then easy to attach all your tools with QH or without it.View attachment 834917
7 sets of remotes? 😳 2 for top n tilt, what are the others for ? And the green item tucked behind the top link?

/ Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks
7 sets of remotes? 😳 2 for top n tilt, what are the others for ? And the green item tucked behind the top link?
Thanks D&D
Yes I have 7 remotes -- 6 is used
2 for top and tilt
2 for lower arm hydraulic stabilizer bars. I like to tighten arms when I have big logs in my log grapple
2 for my homemade hydraulic log grapple
1 waiting for new use
That green item was my old lever for Euro Hooks opening
Now it is an elbow as I have with JD pictures

JD do not have hydraulic stabilizer bars.
It have left side rigid and right side movable from the
cabin with a lever I made for it

/ Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks #10  
Thanks D&D
Yes I have 7 remotes -- 6 is used

2 for lower arm hydraulic stabilizer bars. I like to tighten arms when I have big logs in my log grapple

JD do not have hydraulic stabilizer bars.
It have left side rigid and right side movable from the
cabin with a lever I made for it
Ah, I missed that in the picture but sure enough it is there. I did not miss that you leave the back window open to use the rope and levers 😋
Any pics of your grapple?