Quick Hitches Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks

/ Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks #21  
I've looked at those. Have a buddy that has one on a smaller Kubota tractor and he doesn't care for it. I don't have any issues with connecting the PTO. I just have to turn the tractor off so my PTO shaft will rotate on my tractor. Things like my flail are no issue because it turns freely.

This is what I was referring to:

/ Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks
Very interesting concept. Does it just clamp on and pin in some fashion?

That is some nice timber you’re harvesting.
Yes I clamp it with my grapple and it is ready to go.
I can take it for pulling or pushing.
I can drag now snow without taking of my grapple.

The tree was about 120 years old and pushed down by wind.
IMG_20211231_134257.jpg

Last edited:
   / Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks #24  
In order to "standardize" the cat 1 three point hitches between two tractors (PTO LENGTH )

I fitted the PATS lower links to the B7200 to get a bolt on extension.

I like them OK, but the washers are fiddly, and getting the arm width right between the various tools means resetting the space/ alignment tool for each. Usually by trial and error. The Kubota arms fall in towards the center, the Hurlimann lift arms fall out away from center. Go figure ;-)

I keep the tools up off the ground on timbers to make for easier jostling about. Plus, I have very little level land to park tools. The rear mounted snow blower needs a pinch bar to move around to get hooked up, but I can usually get the others by hand (back ;-)

All that hydraulics of the OP sure looks nice.... but so much to do....
I'll get back to this in ten years when I'm of the same age.

Thanks Pika fro showing us how it's done!

/ Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks #25  
The hook would definitely make it easier but without the hook it takes a bit of magic and ingenuity to hook up a hydraulic toplink. It's one of the reasons I bought the right hand door kit for my tractor, Please tell me how you do it with so much ease and with the first try.
Two of my tractors and several of the farms tractors have 3 pt control buttons on the rear fenders. Makes it easy to lift an implement and raise any jack legs then raise or lower the lift arms till the top link works. Or on some I can reach the hydraulic control to extend or retract the cylinder while standing outside next to the top link. Or I put the pin or leave the pin in the toplink and adjust the length till it looks right then get down and pin it.
I will be ordering another top link hook sooner or later to replace the eye.
I have also stepped around to the right side of the tractor and tweaked the control and stepped back to check and gone back and forth a couple of times.

/ Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks
Two of my tractors and several of the farms tractors have 3 pt control buttons on the rear fenders. Makes it easy to lift an implement and raise any jack legs then raise or lower the lift arms till the top link works. Or on some I can reach the hydraulic control to extend or retract the cylinder while standing outside next to the top link. Or I put the pin or leave the pin in the toplink and adjust the length till it looks right then get down and pin it.
I have also stepped around to the right side of the tractor and tweaked the control and stepped back to check and gone back and forth a couple of times.
Thanks LouNY
As a young engineer by Valmet now it is Valtra AGCO Finland
we made the closed back to tractor Valmet 502 cabin.
I got a small invention price of mechanic rear lever for tractor hitch.
After some years every company had same or push buttons if electric hitch.
IMG_20210509_190731.jpg

Like the yellow lever in this picture :)
Now I feel things go slow to make tractors better and more safe to use.:D

/ Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks #27  
Mine doesn't have the rear controls. It's not as easy as pinning it and sitting it on top, you have to get it up there first. I don't have time for all of that. Nor do I have that problem with my QH. You guys like those Pat's and ball and hooks. I'll stick with my QH. I've seen hundreds of tractors around my area and I've never seen one with those types of hook ups.

/ Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks #28  
Mine doesn't have the rear controls. It's not as easy as pinning it and sitting it on top, you have to get it up there first. I don't have time for all of that. Nor do I have that problem with my QH. You guys like those Pat's and ball and hooks. I'll stick with my QH. I've seen hundreds of tractors around my area and I've never seen one with those types of hook ups.
Well you enjoy your head knocking shoulder gouging quick hitch. At a time back in the 60's the ball ends were quite common in this country a lot of the Fords had them some of the Olivers being the ones I know offered them. Not sure why they faded out and are starting to come back in now days. Most front 3 points have the hook ends on them. If someone has very much drawbar equipment or PTO powered the "quick hitch" is a royal pain working around and under.
Like I had said previously I don't know of anyone that has used both that prefers a quick hitch, you like your hitch so enjoy it.

Last edited:
   / Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks #29  
To each their own applies. Pat's was cheap and easy. It makes my hook ups easier. If and when it ever wears out I may go with the Eruo ball type. I'm not opposed to getting off the tractor to hook up. I'm a young 70 yrs next month. Use it or lose it applies. Neighbor loves his quick hitch, seldom changes attachments. Other neighbor has standard hook up, changes attachment once a yr maybe. Me I change attachments regularly. 2 Mowers, scraper, landplane, rake, disc etc.

Wife said if we downsize I won't have room for my tractors - I said if we downsize I won't need my tractors lol. We will cross that bridge when we come to it.

/ Quick Hitch or Euro Hooks #30  
Well you enjoy your head knocking shoulder gouging quick hitch. At a time back in the 60's the ball ends were quite common in this country a lot of the Fords had them some of the Olivers being the ones I know offered them. Not sure why they faded out and are starting to come back in now days. Most front 3 points have the hook ends on them. If someone has very much drawbar equipment or PTO powered the "quick hitch" is a royal pain working around and under.
Like I had said previously I don't know of anyone that has used both that prefers a quick hitch, you like your hitch so enjoy it.
Haha, I don't knock my head nor do I gouge my shoulder. Even if I happen to be connecting a PTO shaft I have tons of room between the QH and tractor as well as the QH and implement. But you don't knock your head when you don't have to get out of the cab to hook up. I thoroughly enjoy my QH. I really wouldn't trust one of those hooks to stay engaged anyway.