Propane tractor

/ Propane tractor
Holy cow! I have never needed 40 to 60 gallons (of diesel) in a week, no matter what I do with the M6040. It obviously lives a very easy life compared to your tractor.

Anyway, isn't there a valve towards the bottom on larger tanks that allows filling smaller ones?
No liquid propane needs to be pumped from the tank on the filling station into the tank on the tractor or the removable tank that can be swapped out

/ Propane tractor #42  
Only by bureaucratic mandate, those older tractors were always filled via a "thief" hose, which was a simple valved hose that connected to the liquid draw of the nurse tank to the tank being filled then the fill vent was opened after flow stopped and the tank pressures had equalized, vapor was vented from the tank to be filled till it started to spit liquid at which time it was closed and then both tank valves closed and the line pressure bled off and then disconnected. Sounds a bit complicated but it certainly was not. Quick and easy when you got used to doing it.

/ Propane tractor
   / Propane tractor #44  
Try that with a 20-30gallon tank on a tractor when you need to refill it a couple times a week ...

No liquid propane needs to be pumped from the tank on the filling station into the tank on the tractor or the removable tank that can be swapped out
If I understand this correctly, you take either a tank or the tractor to get filled a couple of times per week? That sounds like work.

I may only use it every two weeks or so, but sure like my pump equipped 200-gallon Lee Agra tanks, this one in a modified trash can enclosure, being replenished from a tote.

With four totes I can go for a while before calling for more fuel to be delivered, which is also cheaper than buying it at a gas station. Call me lazy if you want, but my bad back doesn't like lifting 5-gallon cans, let alone 20-30 gallon propane tanks.
DSCN5059[1].JPG

/ Propane tractor #45  
If I understand this correctly, you take either a tank or the tractor to get filled a couple of times per week? That sounds like work.
No you simple drive up to your supply tank and connect up and fill. Very simple and safe and easy to do.
1696866407202.png

One end of this type of kit fastens to the liquid withdrawal port on the main tank (supply) and the other to the tractor tank, open the valves and fill the tractor.
Very much like pumping diesel from a tank into the tractors tank, only propane can be filled without a pump being required.

/ Propane tractor

I may only use it every two weeks or so, but sure like my pump equipped 200-gallon Lee Agra tanks, this one in a modified trash can enclosure, being replenished from a tote.

With four totes I can go for a while before calling for more fuel to be delivered, which is also cheaper than buying it at a gas station. Call me lazy if you want, but my bad back doesn't like lifting 5-gallon cans, let alone 20-30 gallon propane tanks.View attachment 826089
The tractor primarily lives on the property where the filling station is so my problem is not transportation of fuel but I know a cage tank full of diesel is illegal to transport not sure on exactly how many gallons is legal i think its like 100 and those are generally around 300

/ Propane tractor #47  
Okay, then I did misunderstand your situation, thinking that you had to go get the tanks or the tractor filled.

As far as the 325 gallon totes go, as mentioned, I'm having the fuel delivered so legality is not an issue.

Besides, when wanting ethanol free 91 octane gas in one 200-gallon tank, they couldn't deliver that. Put the tank on a trailer to go fill it elsewhere, and asked a State Police officer about the legality of it.

If memory serves me, the limit was 1,100 gallons. It's a bit like being able to total 39,000 lbs. with my current setup (14K Ram 3500 and 25K trailer) with a regular license. And pull doubles or triples if I want to.

It all depends on where one lives. Sure couldn't have done that in California.

/ Propane tractor #48  
Okay, then I did misunderstand your situation, thinking that you had to go get the tanks or the tractor filled.

As far as the 325 gallon totes go, as mentioned, I'm having the fuel delivered so legality is not an issue.

Besides, when wanting ethanol free 91 octane gas in one 200-gallon tank, they couldn't deliver that. Put the tank on a trailer to go fill it elsewhere, and asked a State Police officer about the legality of it.

If memory serves me, the limit was 1,100 gallons. It's a bit like being able to total 39,000 lbs. with my current setup (14K Ram 3500 and 25K trailer) with a regular license. And pull doubles or triples if I want to.

In California you can only haul up to 999 pounds of fuel without CDL, hazmat cert or placards. It's terrible, what a draconian state this is, you can't do anything.

/ Propane tractor #49  
In California you can only haul up to 999 pounds of fuel without CDL, hazmat cert or placards. It's terrible, what a draconian state this is, you can't do anything.
I'm a bit angry with myself for staying there as long as I did.

But on the other hand, now I appreciate the newfound freedom here even more. Much like moving to the USA in the first place.

/ Propane tractor

Lot different than my state I get over 26k lbs I don't think it matters what I'm driving I need a CDL