Private Party Ads

/ Private Party Ads #12  
The reason I started the thread was to see if the moderator(s) had any interest in moving the Classifieds into the regular forum section. In the current location it is seldom used -- it gets so little traffic there is no point in posting an ad. If it received some decent traffic I'd use it, both for buying and selling. Got it?

Hmmmm,,,, not sure how to do that without making it something you have to go "thru" to get to the forums?? I mean really, there are several/many forums on TBN that I've never visited. And I probably won't visit. Unless I have to go thru them to get where I want to go. If I want to view the classifieds it doesn't get any easier than clicking on the bold icon above.

I guess as someone mentioned, if every new classified post showed up in the "new post" or "todays posts" section it might get more visibility. But then as seldom as it's being used, maybe it already does??

Got it.

/ Private Party Ads #13  
The built-in for sale forum, was replaced with the separate classified ads section so the dealer for sale ads and personal for sale ads are all together. That's why you can no longer start a new thread in the for sale forum. As I recall, there's a sticky at the top of the for sale forum that explains this.

Aaron Z

/ Private Party Ads #14  
I personally click on the "today's posts" every day and I don't notice ever having the "for sale" stuff come up.

/ Private Party Ads #15  
... to see if the moderator(s) had any interest in moving the Classifieds into the regular forum section. ...

The moderators have no control over the look, feel, operations, etc... of TBN. That's up to the owners. ;)

/ Private Party Ads #16  
There is a classified section. This was just debated last week. Most posters said they never use it.

But, with that said, if you have something for sale, check out the classified section. :)

Dohhhh, forgot to mention, it's in the top row of icons, along with "forums" and others...

Yeah, but it doesn't work if you want to post something. I think I read something about it being designed for the commercial advertiser and not the casual seller like us. I may be wrong but think I read that. I have been unable to post despite efforts on my part.

I'll add that I have posted some things on another tractor site and it went well.

/ Private Party Ads #17  
So which tractor forum has the best classifieds section?

/ Private Party Ads #18  
Yeah, but it doesn't work if you want to post something. I think I read something about it being designed for the commercial advertiser and not the casual seller like us. I may be wrong but think I read that. I have been unable to post despite efforts on my part.
We can use it, I've put a couple ads up on there and it seems to work well.
You are limited to (I think) 5 ads as a non dealer user.
But otherwise there is no restriction on regular users using it.

Aaron Z

/ Private Party Ads #19  
We can use it, I've put a couple ads up on there and it seems to work well.
You are limited to (I think) 5 ads as a non dealer user.
But otherwise there is no restriction on regular users using it.

Aaron Z

Last time I checked you had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get an ad in. Has that changed?

/ Private Party Ads #20  
Last time I checked you had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get an ad in. Has that changed?
As I recall, you have to register separately there but it wasn't a big deal. I think it took me a whole 10 minutes to get registered and get a test ad posted back when it was first introduced.

Aaron Z