Private Party Ads

/ Private Party Ads #1  

FatTire

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740, Unimog 404 w/ snowblower, Deere 620i UTV, MX5100 (sold)
Have you considered putting a "For Sale" section (Private Party) up in the General Forum section where people most often look? (Somewhere around hydraulics, tires, projects, etc.)

I think you'd get a lot of traffic to it. Check out the forum at "Expedition Portal", they get of ton of traffic on the For Sale subsections. I have a few odds and ends I'd sell at a good price to a TBN member, and also a tractor that I'm going to sell this year, but I have the impression that hardly anyone scrolls all the way down to where the Market Place stuff is currently shown.

/ Private Party Ads #3  
+1

David

/ Private Party Ads #4  
Years ago it was just part of the "normal" forum and I looked at it daily. Now I can't say I look at it much as it is not nearly as easy to check out. I miss the old way...

/ Private Party Ads #5  
There is a classified section. This was just debated last week. Most posters said they never use it.

But, with that said, if you have something for sale, check out the classified section. :)

/ Private Party Ads #6  
Dohhhh, forgot to mention, it's in the top row of icons, along with "forums" and others...

/ Private Party Ads #7  
You sneaky devil you. You already know about the classified section. Why did you start this thread??? If you aren't going to "waste" your time posting in the classifieds, what exactly do you want???? :confused3:

/ Private Party Ads #8  
I personally miss it not coming up under "recent posts" with all the new ads

/ Private Party Ads #9  
I personally miss it not coming up under "recent posts" with all the new ads

If it was used significantly we wouldn't miss that..... :)

/ Private Party Ads
You sneaky devil you. You already know about the classified section. Why did you start this thread??? If you aren't going to "waste" your time posting in the classifieds, what exactly do you want???? :confused3:

The reason I started the thread was to see if the moderator(s) had any interest in moving the Classifieds into the regular forum section. In the current location it is seldom used -- it gets so little traffic there is no point in posting an ad. If it received some decent traffic I'd use it, both for buying and selling. Got it?