Poly 96" snow plows: which one?

/ Poly 96" snow plows: which one? #1  

MinnesotaEric

Tractor
Kioti NX6010
I'm looking for poly snow plows in the 8' size for use on a 60hp Kioti 6010.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I want poly because it will be lighter, and easier for the tractor to steer when the loader is in float mode.

I've looked at Hiniker but their 8' poly loader plow is only 26" high and the dealer suggested that I have too much tractor for it and suggested i look at their 8' skid loader plow that is not offered in poly. The Hiniker has the lateral float that I think is essential to keep weird loads from getting sent through the loader's frame.

I've also looked at Landpride's TB2596, but it doesn't have a replaceable edge.

Need some advice here. The tractor has a skid loader QD on its loader.

/ Poly 96" snow plows: which one?
   / Poly 96" snow plows: which one? #4  
Just an FYI, don't assume a poly plow is lighter than steel one. I run a 8' Meyers poly plow on my truck, it is HEAVIER than the comparable 8' steel Meyers plow it replaced.

Ed

Just an FYI, don't assume a poly plow is lighter than steel one. I run a 8' Meyers poly plow on my truck, it is HEAVIER than the comparable 8' steel Meyers plow it replaced.

Ed

Really? Okay, good to know.

What is amazing to me is the 300 pound range from one OEM to another on 8' plows. Some of the weight is height of the plow itself, but I suspect much of it is due to bracing and steel quality. Anyway, thanks for the tip. FWIW, I'd like to get below 600 pounds with a 30" or higher 8' that has a replaceable edge.

/ Poly 96" snow plows: which one? #6  
Its going to be hard to find a plow that is 30" high and weigh less than 600 pounds. Most lighter weight plows have a 18"-20" high moldboard. What tractors are you looking at? What is your driveway situation?

I have a plow on my Jeep and a front mounted snowblower on my tractor, Cub Cadet/Yanmar Sc2450, I perfer to use the tractor and blower over the plow every time.
With the blower I only move the snow once, before I had the blower and only used the plow once the snow on the sides of the driveway was as tall as the moldboard it was not too good. Plus my lawn is not all torn up.

Its going to be hard to find a plow that is 30" high and weigh less than 600 pounds. Most lighter weight plows have a 18"-20" high moldboard. What tractors are you looking at? What is your driveway situation?

I have a plow on my Jeep and a front mounted snowblower on my tractor, Cub Cadet/Yanmar Sc2450, I perfer to use the tractor and blower over the plow every time.
With the blower I only move the snow once, before I had the blower and only used the plow once the snow on the sides of the driveway was as tall as the moldboard it was not too good. Plus my lawn is not all torn up.

The plow will be mounted the the loader of a 60 hp Kioti 6010. The driveway will be 1/2 mile for my own drive and maybe another 1/2 mile if I can get the contract for my neck of the woods.

Hiniker's Big Ox plow is a steel moldboard, 30" and 570 pounds.

Landpride is just over 600 for their steel but their poly is unpublished.

Talked to Arctic, and they are out. Not enough lateral movement.

/ Poly 96" snow plows: which one? #8  
Hiniker's Bid Ox plow is alot of plow and light weight, prefect for a tractor. You should have no problem pushing snow with a 60hp tractor.
Get the rear tires loaded for maximum traction and happy plowing.

Hiniker's Bid Ox plow is alot of plow and light weight, prefect for a tractor. You should have no problem pushing snow with a 60hp tractor.
Get the rear tires loaded for maximum traction and happy plowing.

Well, some clarification. Turns out LandPride only has a steel moldboard but you can order a poly cutting edge.

Hiniker's Big Ox 8' plow looks like the winner.

I found a Hiniker Big Ox plow at the right price and will need to chase over to Hiniker's will call desk to pick it up at the factory when I order it.

Last edited:
   / Poly 96" snow plows: which one? #10  
I have a Mahindra 4530 with a quick attach. I bought a quick attach plate from northern tool and welded a 8 1/2 foot steel western plow onto it. The plow was used with the a frame. I've found when plowing snow you want as much weight as posssible. Often you will be plowing with the plow slightly off the ground. The steel plow is heavier providing for better traction. I would stay away from poly or other light weight plows. I was having difficulty finding what I wanted so I made my own plow and it works great. My advice is don't put a light duty plow on a heavy duty tractor.